Hello friends! Week 6 for the Christmas Card Challenge at
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/ is to make a card and incorporate lace into it. For those who may not know about this blog it is a weekly optional challenge to create Christmas cards. Then, if you decide to do one every week for 52 weeks, you will have 52 cards ready to be mailed by the end of Novemeber! While this is the 3rd time I'm entering I am happy to report I still am right on track. I just seemed to miss the deadline the other times. If you want to see the cards I've made so far click on the first post of 2012 and you will see all 5 so far. But now for this week here you go:
"Rejoice"
This was the only lace I could find around my home so I went with it. Do you want to know what was the hardest part of this card for me? That stinkin button!! You know, there are some women that can't cook, can't bake, can't craft (gasp!), but my can't is sew. That includes stinkin buttons. But you know what? I did it and that will be enough of that for a while. Amen.
Ok, I am running too close to missing the deadline for this card so I must cut this short. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and are able to get in some fun crafty time!
Be good!
Susan
17 comments:
Susan, what an awesome card!!! And it is in PURPLE!!! I love the lace and that feather is to die for!!! You did a great job on the button!! I love that string!! That Christmas card challenge sounds like fun!! Is it too late to join?? That's a great idea!! I will have to check it out!!
Hi, Susan!!! Your card is beautiful! Isn't purple just a pretty color?!!! I'm working on a project now that's purple -- loving this color!!! LOL!!!
I've been by several times to visit but was unable to comment due to whatever is going on with Blogger/Google -- hope this comment makes it through and publishes!!!
Hugs, my friend!
YEEEAAAA!!!! Looks like my comment finally got through!
Hi Sweet Lady,
This is a beautiful card! You did awesome, and I love purple or violet, or lavender, so perfect in my mind:))) Great job!
Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Such a cute card!!! I LOVE the purples and your "stinkin button", lol!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte
Cute card!! I like the lace and that button! Good for you making your Christmas cards ahead of time! :)Amy
Wonderful card. Like the lace & the shade of purple. I can't sew either.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Hi Susan,
Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment on every single post of mine this year. That must have taken you a while.
I kept looking at this challenge, but never got around to doing something. I don't have lace sitting around my house, and I didn't know if lace-like paper cuts would have been okay. You did a great job on this card. Don't worry I'm not good at sewing either.
I am totally up for a swap/blog hop, think we could get enough people to do a blog hop? We'll discuss it soon, have a good weekend.
Colin
Your card is just beautiful! I love the colors:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
This is beautiful! I am also one of those women who can't sew... Maybe someday! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com
So stunning! Just love the paper and lace and button! I can sew buttons but not much else! Thanks for playing along at CCC!!
Hey Dear Lady,
I stopped to say Hi and WOW!!!! what a beautiful new blog decor! I love it Susan. Did you design it? Quit beautiful. i love the peaceful and comforting colors, and the grasshopper is so cute!
Do me now!
Hugs, Pam
I LOVE the new blog look, Susan!! GORGEOUS!! And what an adorable button!! I'll have to replace the old one!! Your card is so beautiful! I love the pretty lace!! And the colors are so fab!! I had to click on it and look closer at the pretty circle paper!! Love love it!!
I hope you are doing well and feeling well my friend and I'm so glad you have a follow by email option because my dashboard isn't too reliable!! I don't want to miss any more fabulous projects!! Have a great week!!
Hugs, Lisa :)
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Your blog looks AMAZING Susan! Chris did an awesome job:) She is good at what she does:) You card is beautiful Susan. The colors are beautiful and love the lace:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
so beautiful & elegant Susan! love that lace!!
hugs & blessings
Hey Girl, Hope your doing alright! Just wanted you to know I was looking you up:)
~Kim
Hey Susan, You haven't been around for a while, I hope everything is ok. I miss you!!! Cindy
Post a Comment