I'm dusting off all the cobwebs on my blog, yes it's been that long. Summer is way to short and I hate how it flies by so quick. I haven't been in my craftroom, a.k.a. No Boys Allowed room, since the end of April except to grab something off the printer. I think it's fair to say this...I am really mad at myself. Many of you know already about my arthritis issues in my neck and back. But I always push myself and try to keep positive. Then last year my shoulder started acting up. Again, stay positive and push through it. However, now I'm having issues with my hands. So much so that I have to get physical therapy. I mean really...the hands? I have had to give up so many of the things that I have always loved to do, so many things, but when I started crafting it was a godsend for me. Now I am trying to stay positive, and I do mean
trying, but it is getting hard to stay upbeat when it seems like everything that makes life enjoyable is being taken from you. I am only 47 years old and am not one to watch life through a T.V. I feel like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz before Dorothy came along to oil him. Just standing there, moving my eyes, and watching the world around me. I don't want to watch, I want to do. I just have to accept the fact that I can't "do" as much as I would like to. That's not going to be easy for me but it sure beats the other option of giving up. I will not give up my blog or crafting. I may be slow at it but I won't give up.
I do hope I haven't disappointed anyone that is kind enough to follow my blog. I also hope my friends know how much I value the friendships I have made on here. I may not be able to post as much as I would like or be able to visit your blogs as often but please know that this is in no way a reflection of me not caring or thinking of you. That is simply not true. I do read your blogs, even if you don't see a comment from me. It's just that every day I have to think about how I am going to use the little bit of time I get to do daily things before the pain sets in. Once that happens, that's it for me for the day. For an example, this post has taken me two hours to type and my hands are hurting. It stinks but that's just how it is for me. Next week I start the P.T. on the hands. I hope it helps. I'll keep you posted!
Thanks for taking the time to read my rant here. I do hope you all understand as to why I have been so sporadic but please know that I do adore you all! :)
{{Big Hugs}}
 |
| Susan the Tin Man |
25 comments:
I hope the PT helps. I have missed getting together with you.
I will say lots of prayers for you!!
Jessie
It seems you just can't get a break Susan! I am so sorry. Will be praying for you, for comfort and patience and that the PT works!!
Hi Chica!
I was so happy to see that you had posted. I'm right there with you, that you know! Even if you only post once a month everyone of your friends will be here for you. And if they're not that's their loss not yours my sweet dear friend. You take care of yourself, and don't over do. I am aware of the pain of over doing, as you are, so neither of us need do it. As you know I adore you,
Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Hope the PT helps...I will continue to pray for you and know that you are in my heart and prayer,also I would like to send you some bloggy love!!!!Did you get it?...LOL..Fell better.
Hey Susan!!! Yes, I have missed you!! I haven't been blogging either, but not for your reasons!! I hope you feel better!! I've just been lazy and not feeling crafty at all. I am participating in our Design DIVAS OBG blog hop on Wednesday. Please stop by that day!! Lots of pictures!! I feel like the tin man someday's too!! I fell and hurt my left shoulder a few weeks ago and it's not the same yet!! Take care my blogging friend!!! Remember, come by Wednesday!!!
Susan, I hope the PT helps your hands. And don't worry about how much you blog we all go through those spurts. You need to take care of yourself first!
Lulu
www.lillulu13.blogspot.com
I am so sorry you are experiencing all of this. I KNOW what you are going through. I started having to give up all my independence at 34. By the time I was 36 I had to have a hip replacement and have had severe extensive nerve damage ever since. Now at 42, I have given up everything but my crafts. When you have struggled to deal with the pain and having given up soooo much, it is even harder to have to give up more things that you enjoy. It is very difficult to stay positive...and yet we still try. If you ever need to rant or just know that someone else can actually relate to what you are going through, just email me at papercompulsions@gmail.com
Jani
I am so sorry to hear of your health issues. Hopefully the PT will help and/or they can find some way to alleviate some of the pain. My prayers are with you as you keep on keeping on.
My dear, sweet friend, I have missed you and been worried. Please know that you are in my daily thoughts and prayers, and I hope and pray the PT helps and you aren't in pain. Don't worry about when you can post or comment...your friends understand and we will be here for you no matter what. I'm here if you ever need to talk or just want to vent. Sending lots and lots of comforting hugs and healing prayers :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
oh Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I am glad your are trying to stay positive. That is good! I will send some prayers your way-take care of yourself and don't worry about us...we will be here when your back up to blogging. Take care my friend and keep your chin up!
Hugs,
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
Way to go on keeping positive! I know how hard that can be. Thank you for letting me or us know where you have been. I have a bad shoulder and got a shot about a month ago and it has been wonderful. I feel a little bet starting to sneak back but I am going to try you advice and stay positive.
Ok now here is something to think about. I know it sounds crazy and it didn't do much for me but it has for many. Have you ever tried going gluten free? Most people think of stomach trouble with that but it can also cause inflammations. Just a thought. Sending your positive thoughts and Hugs, Linda
Hey Susan, Hope all is well!! I finally have a post, so come on over and check it out!!!
Susan, I'm so sorry to hear the news. As you can see your loved by many of your readers! I don't get that many comments on a page I think is really good! LOL.. You are one of those people that when we read your posts we are having a laugh! I hate to hear what your going through. I have pain issues as well and have to do things in spurts. You will be in my thoughts and Prayers:) Keep you eyes looking to the positive :)
~Kim
Hey sweet girl, just stopping by to say Hi! I hope the PT is working for you. I had Kyce today, he has 8 teeth now. He is such a joy. He laughs and smiles all the time. He's just a happy boy!
Please take care of yourself and you know I am but an email away if you need me.
Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Happy 4th of July my dear forever friend!!! I hope you have a grand time with your family. Know that I miss you. I will be emailing you soon.
Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Just stoppin' by to let you know I've been thinking about you Susan!
sending hugs and prayers your way hun!
hugs & blessings
Hi, Susan. Wanted to drop in to say "hi". I've been away with a few issues myself but am now doing much better.
My sweet friend, you are still in my thoughts and I'm praying you'll be better, and back with us, soon.
Hugs
I also suffer a lot with arthritis so I know how you feel. So far it's not in my hands but my neck and both shoulders, back and knees. I agree you have to keep going, no use giving up. hugs.
Susan I wanted to send some hugs your way. I think about you a lot. Hugs
Thinking of you, Susan! Sending love, big hugs, many prayers and blessings your way!
Miss you!
So sorry you have been in pain. I have been out of the blogging loop myself- life has been keeping me way too busy. I hope that your PT is working and I am sending you hugs!! :)Amy
Hi, sweet Susan! Still thinking of and sending prayers your way! Hope you're feeling better, my friend!
Hugs!
Hi, Susan! Missing you, my friend but still sending up those "knee mails"!!! Hope to see you soon!
Hi, Susan! Stopping by again to let you know you're still in my thoughts and prayers, my friend! Hoping to see you again soon!
Hi Susan! I just wanted to stop by and let you know you are in my thoughts! Hugs
Post a Comment