Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lookie what I got!

My friend Lisa, at www.indymermaid.blogspot.com, sent this award my way! I know many of you have been to her site but for anyone that hasn't you are missing out. Lisa has a fantastic blog and is very talented, however more important than that, she is just such a great person and a true joy to have as a blog friend. Thank you for this award and also for being such a great inspiration Lisa!


Here are the rules for the A Thing of Beauty Award:

Must share 5 things about yourself (1 of the listed items must be something about your craft).

Here are the 5 things about myself:

1. The very first card I ever made was a birthday card for my son Dennis in August of 2009. (And he still has it).

2. I was once contacted by VH1 to audition for a reality show. The show never came to be, which is good because it was a really stupid idea. lol

3. My hair has been many colors, including pink once. (hey, it was the 80's)

4. I used to be scared to death to fly and didn't confront my fear until I was 31 years old and forced myself to do it.

5. My Grandfather worked on the nose of Abe Lincoln on Mount Rushmore.


Now I would like to pass along this award to the following bloggers (in no particular order):

1. Laurie at www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com

Laurie, a.k.a. Lu, a.k.a. Teacher, a.k.a. dear friend. Laurie has such great crafting ideas and does beautiful projects!

2. Audrey at www.cuteandsome.blogspot.com

Audrey is a wonderful, kind and very talented lady who deserves to be rewarded with something special every day!

3. Kim at www.crazyaboutscrappin.blogspot.com

Kim has been busy working on sports themed layouts and doing such a great job with it! She is also a wonderfully sweet lady!

4. Maria at www.joyfulstamper.blogspot.com

Maria is great. Besides being very talented she is willing to help new bloggers, such as me, and always has a kind word. She also appreciates finding thrifty craft ideas!

5. Trish at www.trishandtreasure.blogspot.com

Trish has a great blog and I enjoy reading up on what she is up to and her newest projects, she is very creative!

Lisa, thank you again for this award and to the ladies I passed it on to, thank you also for being such great inspirations.

Happy weekend everyone!

Susan

7 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

I am honoured that you gave me this Award and appreciate your thoughtful and wonderful comments. Thank you so much!

Kim said...

Susan, Thank you so much for the kind words! You have no idea how much that meant to me:)
~Kim

Kim said...

Hey Susan how do I put the award on my sidebar?
Kim

Debican said...

Susan, congrats on your award. Thanks for visiting my blog during the "Grilling Hop". Thought I'd stop by and say "hi".
Hugs, Debi

Lisa said...

I so wish I had known you when I visited Mt. Rushmore for the first time two years ago. I could have announced to everyone around and I knew the granddaughter of the man who chiseled out Abe's fine nose! And sometime, I have got to hear the story of the VH1 reality show idea...I'm dying of curiosity ;)

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, thank you so much for this award. I very much appreciate your generousity in sharing it with me!!! Sorry I'm late getting to pick it up but I've been a working at getting around to browsing through some of what I missed while I was AWOL and only realized you had passed it on to me.

What a very pleasant surprise!!! So glad I try to play catch up or I'd have missed this!

Hugs, my friend; and thank you again. I'll post it as soon as I can!

Maria Matter said...

Congratulations on receiving this award Susan!!!
and thank you for thinking of me, I really do appreciate it!
hugs & blessings!

Post a Comment