Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finally!

I finally get to play on my blog AND in my craftroom! Just in time too, the crazy train was on it's way to pick me up! (I'm a frequent rider so they know where I live). My son had four impacted wisdom teeth that needed to be removed last Friday so I've been very busy in the role of nurse. (Cindy, you would be proud). I've also become quite the expert in cooking potatoes as that is all he could, I mean would, really eat. And eat he did. I should have posted for you all to buy some stock in Or-Ida, I'm sure it skyrocketed in the last week! But he is doing really good now, the swelling is almost gone and all the stitches have fallen out but the biggest indicator that all is well is his consumption of Whoppers again.

Thanks for all the congrats on winning the blogaversary blog candy from Lisa at http://indymermaid.blogspot.com/ and a big thank you to Lisa for sending all the fun stuff to play with! Included with all the fun stuff was a Cricut cartridge called Four Legged Friends and OMG do I LOVE IT! I made this little card just for the fun of it and was it ever fun!
The stamp is from 7 Gypsy's

I am going to be having a LOT of fun with this cartridge. I think it was created just for me! Don't get me wrong, I like Create a Critter too but I like this one for all the fun looking dogs on it, and cats, and hamster, and frog..well you get the picture. Thank you again Lisa!

Now I have something really exciting to share...another blogaversary is coming up and there will be a fun blog hop involved! Cely at http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com/ is celebrating her first year and I'm so honored to be a participant, so mark those calendars and join the fun!
Spread the word, add to your sidebar!
I hope you all are having a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what you all have been working on! If you'll excuse me now, I just ate a bunch of these Reese's peanut butter eggs and I think I may be going into a sugar coma. ;)

{{Hugs}}

Susan

13 comments:

Migdalia said...

This is Too Cute!Stinkin Cute!LOL

Lisa said...

You are so welcome...I'm glad you like it, Susan!! It is a super-fun cart!! This is absolutely adorable!! How cute is his little outfit with the pom-pom on the hat??!! Love it :)

I'm glad your son is doing better!! Happy Thursday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kim said...

So glad to see your back! Glad to hear your son is doing well! The card is just to adorable! Looks like your going to be having a lot of fun creating with the new cartridge!
~Kim

Georgiana said...

That dog looks just like my sister's. Enjoy that cart. It sure does have some fun cuts.

Hope you will stop by to see my new projects.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Unknown said...

Susan I am so happy to hear your son is doing well. I remember when I had wisdom teeth pulled, no fun for sure. I bet you were and are a great nurse when he needs you to be.

I was really happy when you won from Lisa, you were having such a bad week, so winning was a good balance. Plus I will always be happy when you win.

This puppy dog is adorable. I don't have this cart but I may have to get it. You and Lisa cost me money!! I just spent a bit on getting the Grand Calibur and some dies. I am excited about having it though. It will be fun to use it.

Our baby boy just got another tooth, on top this time, he looks so cute! He also this past week figured out how to crawl! Well it's a mixture of crawling and scooting really. Point is he's every where now, and really fast too! I'm so glad our house is mostly on one floor, so I don't worry about him going down any stairs here. Jacquie's house is a tri-level so She has gates everywhere! We also have him on three meals a day of big boy food. She is also weening him off the bottle too. He loves his cup, until he gets tired, then he really wants his bottle. They grow so fast, it's hard to watch him get bigger, I want my little baby back. But he's such a good boy. He laughs all the time. As soon as he sees me he gets this huge grin, it melts my heart. Kyce's big brother Reece graduates this May so at least I have a boy to hold for awhile longer. Although Reece still loves his Nanny and Poppy alot. He's a great kid.

Well another wordy comment, but you know me:)

Hugs, my dear friend, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Super cute dog. I can't wait to see more from this cartridge, I may need to get it myself. I also like the embossing you used on the background.

I also used the gift card I got from you...I got Campin' Critters, while shopping in Buffalo. Thank you!

Colin

Sugarlips said...

The card turned out sooo cute! I love his little hat. I am glad your son made it through okay and he is doing better.

Jessie

Amy said...

Adorable little puppy card!! Congrats to you for winning and can't wait to see the other images that you can cut with it! I actually laughed out loud with your crazy train comment- you are too funny!! :)Amy

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Susan,
Oh my goodness..is your puppy just adorable or what:) I LOVE his little outfit and cute little pom,pom added on the hat:) So cute and I have to check that cart out...I could use a new animal cart..kind of tired of the ones I have. Great job and glad your son is doing better....:) Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

What a cute puppy card. Enjoyed visiting your blog.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine.

Anonymous said...

Susan, SO glad to hear that your son is feeling better!! I'm sure you made a wonderful Nurse!!!
Actually, all of us mothers are nurses, without the schooling!! Congrats on the blog candy!! That card is just darling. I've had my Cricut for what, about a year now and have used it like 3 times! Shame on me!! I just need motivation!!
Rock on girl!!

RiNNE said...

Awww, such an amazing card! That pup is too cute and I just love the colors! Glad your son is doing well - great job, Mama Susan! Congrats on winning Lisa's prize!

Audrey Frelx said...

Soooo glad your son is okay -- wow, impacted teeth!!! Sounds painful to me!!!

Ohhhh, my sweet Susan, you don't know how much I've missed you. It seems like it's been forever!!! Thank you so much for all those knee-mails, I've really needed each and every one of them, and God know it!!! LOL!!!

BTW, before I forget, I love your card -- how cute is that puppy!!!

I'll be back again as soon as I can but I want to get in as many visits as I can in the time I have, but had to come by to let you know how I've missed you and that I've send prayers right back at you that things were going well for you!

I love you, my sweet friend!

See you soon!

Post a Comment