Saturday, April 7, 2012

I've been RAK'ed! Will you be next?

What I am talking about is of course a Random Act of Kindness. However, this one was a RAK that was so ORIGINAL I had to shared it with all of you. PLEASE take a minute to read this post. When a blog friend goes above and beyond they deserve recognition!

To spare you all of my boring details I'm going to sum it up by saying this past week for me was one from H-E- double hockey sticks, if you know what I mean. (Which is why I haven't posted this week). By yesterday afternoon I was feeling spent, physically and emotionally. My son brings in the mail and there is a package for me, a package I had no idea was coming. I look at who sent it and I see it was from Cely, one of my blog friends. Not long ago Cely was a winner of my blog candy. Now Cely lives in Hawaii and as a joke I told her I needed to find a box big enough to hold a gift card and myself before I could send it out. Cely replied that maybe she could send Hawaii to me instead. Now fast forward about three or so weeks and I had completely forgotten about our exchange of emails. So I open the package Cely sent and would you believe, she did send Hawaii to me! Cely had sent me packages of a variety of Macadamia nuts, a package of an Hawaiian coconut pudding and the most beautiful card that she made. I can not even describe just how much that random act of kindness lifted my spirits! Not to mention my love of what she sent! Cely at http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com/ , you my friend are one classy lady. Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness. Please know that your random act of kindness meant so much to me. {{{{BIG HUGS}}}.

Cely at http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com/ rocks!

Don't you love that picture of her? I crack up everytime I see it! I had to share this story with you all because I thought that this is such a wonderful thing we could all maybe start to do. Everytime I send out blog candy I hold on to the addresses in case I ever have to send them candy again. So in honor of Cely,  I am going to make it a point once a month to just send a blog buddy something out of the blue in hopes that it will do for that person what Cely did for me. It could be anything, a "thinking of you" card, anything really. The smallest gestures can have the biggest effect on others.

I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter! Thanks for stopping in! And Cely, thank you again for turning my frown upside down!

Susan

18 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

That is so great. It's always nice to get a little happy mail, especially when we're feeling down and are not expecting it. TFS.

Kelly G said...

When I started my blog Cely was my very first subscriber, she became a friend as well. Kudos to Cely for being the super sweet person she is and kudos to you Susan for showing her the recognition! I hope you have a better week :)

Cely said...

Yeah, I'm so super classy with that fake mustache! LOL. you liked it. Happy mail always comes when you're down in the dumps. It's like a rule of the universe or something. And that haupia stuff is my favorite dessert so try it and love it...even if you hate coconut.

Cely said...

Yeah, I'm so super classy with that fake mustache! LOL. you liked it. Happy mail always comes when you're down in the dumps. It's like a rule of the universe or something. And that haupia stuff is my favorite dessert so try it and love it...even if you hate coconut.

Pat N. said...

What a sweet story! TFS--Pat N.

Becky Dunham said...

How sweet Susan! Thanks for sharing this with us all! I love your idea - you never know how much a little RAK can mean to somebody :)

Lisa said...

Happy, happy Easter my sweet friend!! I hope you are having a very blessed and happy day with your family!!

I'm sorry you had a crappy week, Susan, but YAY to Cely for doing such a sweet thing!! It is true that the smallest gestures can have the biggest effect!! I hope it was the catalyst to turn your week around :)

I'm back from my trip, but I'm down a wing. I was playing with my niece in the ocean (for hours and hours...I could not get her to leave!!) I held her hand to jump the waves (and she kept trying to pull me down into the water as well...brat!!) I didn't realize it at the time, but all her yanking tore something in my shoulder. So I'm hoping and praying it isn't a rotator cuff injury...I can't begin to lift it over my head or move it really. I'm doing everything one-handed while I ice it, but small thanks...it is my left arm and I'm right handed. So anyway, I do hope everything is better for you my friend and big hugs!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Bobby said...

Isn't it wonderful that something so simple can lift one's spirits. Here's to RAK's and a better week ahead for you.

Linda said...

Happy Easter Susan! That is such a wonderful idea. I have been sending things but I never thought to just make a point every month. Great idea. I will be checking out Cely sight. Oh how can it be a RAK if you have to ask for addresses? Humm I will just have to ask everyone for their address.
Have a much better and wonderful week dear. Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Susan, Chicka! I am so sorry you had a crap week. If I can do anything please allow me to help. I will pray for you of course, no need to ask for that. Your boy will be fine too. He is also on my prayer list, please let me know how that all goes. My week was not so good either, maybe it's the water, huh? Jacquie is having a hard time so that makes life for me miserable, Mom's and their kids! I am doing a lot of babysitting with Kyce which I love though. I hope your Easter was good. The rest of this week will be good too! Be blessed my sweet friend. I am also happy Cely brought you joy.

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

So sorry you had a crappy week- and I am hoping that the rest of the month will be awesome! That Cely is one great blog buddy!!!!! How great to have something lift your spirits!!! Take care and I hope your Easter was wonderful! :)Amy

Lisa said...

Stop by my blog when you get a chance my friend...I think you will be excited ;)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pendra said...

What a beautiful thing to do... aren't these blogging buds just the best! One simple act can really make such a HUGE impact on someone! Way to go Cely! You act surprised that someone would do this for you... you've sent me a beautiful card, so what comes around goes around! And you have more coming your way at Lisa's... but I didn't tell ya! *wink* Take care my friend!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Cely said...

Just wanted to say HI! and congrats on winning at Lisa's!

Unknown said...

See, I told you your week would be better!! Lisa's giveaway is a wonderful way to end a week huh:)) Prayer works my Love, you deserve the best always. We live in this world, sometimes we get wet too, stinks but true. But when we love each other, pray for each other, stand with each other, we all win!

Many many hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Maria Matter said...

I'm so glad you shared this Susan, it truly is inspirational!
Sorry you've been having a tough time hun, hope all turns out well!
hugs & blessings

Anonymous said...

What a lucky lady you are, Susan!! What a great blogging friend you got yourself there!! I could use a little Hawaii myself!! ha ha... Hope you had a nice Easter. I worked, so it was just another day around here. Went to the doc today, had to have an upper GI series done. Shows I have reflux, and then I had to have 2 liters of IV fluids due to dehydration. Feel somewhat better now. I'm loving crushed ice!! ha ha. Hope all is well with you!!!
Take care, girlfriend!!!

RiNNE said...

What a wonderful story and deed!! Hawaiians are the best! Sorry you were having a bad week :(.

Post a Comment