Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fabulous card

Hello friends! If you are still interested in getting in on the $10 Michael's gift card drawing make sure to check out my last post, a winner will be picked next Friday!

Today I am going to brag about my "Fabulous" card. You may think I'm being a bit pretentious calling it fabulous but the reason I'm saying that is because of the fabulous paper I used to make it. Before I get into that, here is a card I am going to enter into two challenges:

 http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com/  Challenge #1 Just Elements
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com   Challenge #209 Anything Goes

(I'm branching out and entering two challenges at one time..unheard of for me!)


Now, see that stripped paper? That is from the new line from Heidi Swapp called Color Magic. What I find so fabulous about it is that you can make the paper any color you want. I sprayed the paper with Tattered Angels then simply wiped it off. The stripes grabbed the color and the rest just wiped off. You can use any color source, ink, glitter mist, paint, and this is the effect. The pack comes with four different designs so you have many options! The rest of the card consist of flowers from CTMH, that I colored to match, a MS punch, eyelets, stick pin, that is also CTMH, and some sticker butterflies that I have had laying around for ever. The challenge by Chris asked that no Cricut cuts be used, just elements. Being in the toddler stages of papercrafting I wasn't really sure what elements meant but I assume it's what I used. If it is wrong I do hope someone will tell me so I don't blog around looking like a big fool. (ha ha ha..I know, too late for that!) ;)

The next time I go to my favorite scrapbook store, Archivers, I am going to pick up another pack of this so I can do a blog candy giveaway. It is such a neat product I would love to have one of my blog buds try it! So stay tuned!

 I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Susan

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan! It is FAB! I love the paper I am gonna have to google it and maybe get some for myself!

You got it the Elements part perfect:)

Ty for playing along with me over at ChatterScene:)And for the Shout out:) I really appreciate it.

And ty for the comment on my card:) The paper is from a really old DCWV Stack called The At Home Stack. I got it at a really good clearance price about a year ago.

Bobby said...

That paper does sound Fabulous. I hope I can find some.

Unknown said...

You're right doll, this is a fabulous card!! You did a great job, very creative me sweet friend. You just come up with such cute things.

Now Grammy, some Kyce news. He has the two bottom middle teeth now. It's so cute to see them when he laughs, which he is always smiling or laughing. He is a very happy boy. They actually came in without a lot of fanfare, thank goodness. I have been watching him during the day while Jacquie is at work, she's a Kindergarten teacher. She has had some home difficulties, which drive me nuts, but not something I will post about. But could use some prayers for. Thank goodness so far it has not effected Kyce to date.



I hope you have a great week-end Susan, get some sun if you can.

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

How cool is that! love the way you colored your paper! I have never heard of such a thing! I must be so out of touch with what's hip and new:)
~Kim

Unknown said...

I don't know about fabulous...maybe super fantastic. That is some bad ass paper. I am a follower of Lulu. I did it for you and not a Micheal's gift card, so I don't wish to be entered.

I can't wait to see more of this paper.

Colin

Cely said...

This card is FABULOUS! LOL!

I got my gift in the mail TODAY!!! woohoo! i took pictures of it and i hope you don't mind that i post it on my blog sometime this week. :) mail takes about a week to get here from the mainland, so it's right on time! thanks so much!

Lisa said...

I think this card is fabulous because you made it, not because of the fabulous paper, which is fabulous, by the way!! I've never seen it before but I am intrigued!! I hope one of my local craft stores will carry it soon. I just love new things to try :)

I hope you are having a fabulous (couldn't resist ;) weekend my sweet friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amy said...

Cool card- I haven't seen that paper- but it seems really neat!! :)Amy

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Susa! I love the paper and I may have to find out more about that-of course, we all love new things and idea's:) TFS! Hope your having a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Love all the fun elements on this!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

JulieK said...

Your card is Fabulous!! I just bought some of this paper yesterday (at Archivers!) and can't wait to try it out!

Norma said...

Hi Susan:) I agree with you:0 your card is fabulous and I do love that paper too!! Love all the detail your added and Woo Hoo for you entering two challenges:) Have a fantastic day!!
Hugs,
Norma

Cathie w said...

Susan, love your card...BTW...you are the winner of my blog candy from the Destinations blog hop.....can you email me at .

scraphappycat@gmail.com with you address and i will gt your prize to you

thanks you
PSS new follower

Missy said...

Great card---the bright colors are fun!!

Sherrie K. said...

Would love for you to stop by my blog...I have something for you:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cely said...

just droppin by to say hi! *waves*

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats! Just came from Chatterscene-Mom site & you won Ch 1 Just Elements.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Post a Comment