Friday, November 11, 2011

Bookworm Magnet

TGIF ladies! Did you all have a fab week? Today I was able to get in my No Boys Allowed room in between loads of laundry and made something really fun. That's what I like about my craftroom, it's always fun in there! Too bad the laundry room can't be the same.

Some of my blog buds were picked to be on the design team over at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/. This is the first week they get to show us all why they were picked for the design team and the challenge this week is books. So to show my support I decided to play along this week. Now I've already made 5 bookmarks this year and if some of you remember not too long ago I made a Cookie Book that put me in the ER when I finished! lol! Ok, I can laugh about that now but I wasn't about to go there again! So after discussing ideas with my team of creative critter consultants, Kiki, Shadow and Freddy Mercury, it was decided that I would make a refrigerator magnet that holds those reciepts from the library that let you know when your books are due. Or in my case, all those crafting magazines that I didn't buy.

How about those Harry Carey glasses?
Here's what I used to make it:

Designers Calendar (for the bottom)
Create a Critter (for the bookworm and bowtie)
Sizzix embossing folder
My own two hands for the big glasses
Googly eyes, brads, ribbon
I then hot glued a magnet on the back.

The challenge called for something book related so I guess this could be, right?

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be spending time over the weekend visiting and catching up with many of you as I've been kind of a slacker this week. (So sorry, it's the boys in my house keeping me too busy). Now that they have clean clothes maybe they will back off now! ;)

Be good!
Susan

22 comments:

Kimberli said...

This is adorable, such a great idea!! And I love his glasses!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Great idea to place on refrig. Especially like the wiggly eyes on the bookworm.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Being a teacher for 33 years I love little book worms. Yours is so cute with the wiggly eyes and what a great idea to keep track of when your books are due. Love it! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

Bobby said...

Darling project, Susan.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable, Susan!! I love that cute bookworm and his Harry Carey glasses!! You are so creative my sweet friend! I'm guessing it was that super-smart Kiki that gave you the idea, right?! (No, I am not trying to butter her up for the next giveaway!!) I love this!

I hope you are having a great weekend, Susan!! Hugs, Lisa :)

indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute idea! I love the cute little wiggly eyes on the bookworm:) So cute! Thanks for playing in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

JulieK said...

Super cute- and such a great idea!!

Chriss America Real said...

Awww! What a cute idea! My son is a librarian, so I use his library card and I can keep books out for as long as I like...but..I really should remind myself to return them instead of waiting for him to come over to the house and gather them up! lol

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Susan, even though I do NOT like W***s. Love the Glasses!! Those darn boys, keeping you out of your room!!
I have no excuses, except I've been lazy!! Hopefully, Sunday I will get a few cards made!! Take care!!!

Kim said...

Adorable! Love the idea, congrats on your new DT position:)
~Kim

Maria Matter said...

what a cutie!!

I like the idea of your darling magnet...books due...the only way I usually remember when our books are due is when the library calls to say they're late! eek!
hugs

Linda said...

Susan this is so cute and a great idea! I leave them in the book or the car and forget to check them and end up with late fees. So I think it is a great idea. I feel like a slacker too. We went up to the cabin for the weekend and no internet. I feel like I have been away for a week. LOL

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh Susan, this bookmark is just too precious!!! Hey, he's really got it going on in his Harry Cary glasses...lol!!!

Thanks for the knee-mails for Stacy's family; I'm sure she'll appreciate all our prayers for that precious little grandson.

Hope that shoulder isn't giving you any more problems!

Hugs, my friend!

RiNNE said...

Awesome creation! And very practical too! I just love that cute worm & his glasses!!

Unknown said...

Susan this is just plain adorable! Perfect idea for the fridg. Your creative mind is scary:))

I have been very lazy for the past week or so, I am having a horrible time trying to figure out my craft space problem. I just don't want to clutter my new bedroom up. I'll figure something out soon I hope!

Hugs, my sweet friend, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Came back to thank you so so much for the birthday wishes, you are a wonderful and sweet friend.

We had banana splits instead of cake, so good!! Wish you were here to help me eat it:) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Pendra said...

Hey Susan, came to say hello and see what you are up to... he is adorable! And I think I really need someone just like him to keep track of our library books!!! What a great idea! You always do the cutest things and if only my mojo would get into the mood! I have been spending way to much on supplies but have not been able to get myself going yet... I'm working on it! Take care my friend... and see you later!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Sugarlips said...

I love this little magnet soo cute! Did also check out who won at the link up with love? You better go check!!!

Jessie

AmyJRockstar said...

Truly adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)

Jackie said...

great idea, love it. thanks for dropping by!

Jennie Garcia said...

Incredibly cute project!! Love the glasses!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

This is so cute!! I love his google eyes :)Amy

Post a Comment