Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fall Decorations Blog Hop

.


Welcome friends and hoppers!

Today is the Fall Decorations blog hop with Becka from Creations with Becka. If you just came across my blog today please start at the beginning of the hop over at http://creationswithbecka.blogspot.com/. Make sure you start at the beginning and comment all the way through the hop so you qualify for the grand prize on Becka’s blog. (It's a nice cozy short one with yummy candy!)

My project is what I like to call taking something ugly and making it pretty! And I am not talking about my hair when I wake up in the morning, although to get it pretty it is quite a project! A while back I found this pathetic looking wreath thrown into an 80% off bin at a local craft store so I picked it up. It reminded me of Charlie Brown's christmas tree!


It's balding! lol!



After picking up the balding wreath I then went over to the potpourri section and picked out a small bag of scented potpourri which just so happened to have pine cones. I then went home, grabbed my wire cutters and hot glue gun and got busy. I cut off almost all the leaves and rearranged them to create a fuller look. I then added the scented pine cones and little scented berries on any area that was still thin. It turned out fabulous! I have this hanging on my front door and anyone that enters my home is greeting by a beautiful wreath and a wonderful scent of potpourri!

So much better!

My total cost on this wreath was right around $5.00. So easy and yet so pretty. If I had such luck in fixing my hair. lol! So now how about we talk about candy? I will have my assistant Kiki pick a follower to win this fun Christmas stamp set:


To enter just be a follower here, leave a comment and check back Monday to see if you won! You will have one week to email me to claim the candy. Also, if you would like a extra chance to win just pop my button up your blog and let me know you did. I would very much appreciate it!

Now, Don’t forget that in order to win the Grand Prize on Becka’s blog you must visit and comment on ALL the blogs in this hop. Make sure you also link your Fall Decoration project at Creationswithbecka for a chance to win a set of K.Andrew Designs stamps, you have until November 25th to link a project up.


Susan

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Well doll! you did a great job as usual! No one would have guessed this wreath and that bald wreath are the same one.

You are so creative with taking something and making a new and beautiful something out of it:) did that make sense?

Hugs, my friend, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Babe O'Mara said...

Well you turned that ugly duckling into a beautiful, lovely decoration. Very well done. And thanks for a chance to win that cute stamp set.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful makeover on the Autumn wreath. Hubby & I did something similar with 2 Christmas wreaths adding pinecones & a bird on each. Thanks for giveaway chance.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

your wreath turned out lovely! TFS

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Susan, you absolutely turned that wreath into a thing of beauty, my friend!!! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

I love-love-love it! LOL...would love it even more hanging on my front door, ha-ha!

Hugs, sweetie!

Anna said...

I love what you did to the wreath! Awesome!

Tracy said...

Your wreath turned out great!

Tracy
owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Sugarlips said...

Gorgeous! I love it. what a great way to make the house spell good and be pretty at the same time. :)

scrapperbecka said...

Susan
Beautiful wreath. I picked up one of those too and now I know what to do with it.
Thank you for participating.
Becka

Lisa said...

Wow just beautiful. You are so talented. Tfs.

Lisa G

Kellie said...

Wow! Your wreath turned out GREAT!! Such a cool idea!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wow...what a fabulous wreath and at such a bargain price! This turned out just amazing, I love all those wonderful oranges and reds...just perfect!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous wreath! You did an amazing makeover & it looks great! Glad to be a follower =)

jim_candice at yahoo dot ca

http://candiscraps-scrapsofme.blogspot.com/

Miranda said...

Love the wreath! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. Love the firetruck story! I am your newest follower!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Lisa said...

OMG Susan, this is amazing!! What a transformation!! LOL...it looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!! It so did! I can't believe it is the same wreath! And I love that you added the potpourri to it so that it smells good when you enter!! So creative and fabulous my friend!! I am going to have to go looking for a Charlie Brown wreath to refurbish!! Love, love, love this!!

I hope you are having a great weekend! Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost here?? Where does time go??

Hugs, Lisa :)
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh Susan, this turned out awesome!!! It is such a gret welcoming piece and the potpourri-what a clever idea!!!
Love it!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

I am happy to add your button to my blog:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Susan, This is just gorgeous!! You did a spectacular job. Can't even see the "Charlie Brown" underneath your fabulous handi work!! And, al for $5. Can't beat that!! I love that Stamp set!!Snowmen are my favorite!! Who makes it?? I'd love to buy it, if I don't win it!! he he he...

Missie said...

What a wonderful idea to spruce up something that might have gotten tossed otherwise!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

You really did nice work on making the wreath look full and beautiful!
I found you while hopping from Becka's blog. I'm your newest follower, hope you will pop over for a visit and become a follower too!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

Beautiful wreath. Great job filling it out.

Tonya
ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

Happyscrapin said...

What a gorgeous wreath! I love the way you turned the ugly one into a beauty! Great job!!!!


plese.cathy@yahoo dot com

Cathy said...

Great job on a fun easy beautiful and inexpensive project!! well done. TFS New follower here")
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! Love it! :)

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Susan, You are very clever.. this wreath looks amazing and I love how you pulled the whole design together, very inspirational!
Trish Munro

Josie0602 said...

That is just stunning!! You really made that wreath into a work of art!
Tracy
jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

RiNNE said...

Wonderful job, Susan!! It's so pretty. And not only did you create something beautiful, you upcycled and saved that wreath from being just thrown out!

Aman said...

Love your wreath! It looks so much better after your work!

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

Treva said...

Great "wreath makeover", tfs.

Denise G said...

So that wreath is now super cute. I think some people have magic hands, because mine could never turn the first thing into the beautiful second wreath that you showed.

Great job and what a nice blog hop.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Super cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, my friend! Just in case, I wanted to make certain I wished a special friend and her family a very warm, wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday!!!

I'll be seeing you!

Hugs!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, your wreath turned out beautiful Susan!!! bet it smells wonderful!

Wishing you & your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

hugs & blessings!

JulieK said...

Susan your wreath is beautiful!! You did an amazing job!

Post a Comment