I don't have all mine done, I admit it. But thanks to my friend Rinne at
http://rinnesbliss.blogspot.com/ this may not be an issue next year. You see Rinne is on a DT at
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com/ which is how I found out about this fun blog. Every week for the next 52 weeks they offer up a challenge that asks that you make one Christmas card a week. Then come December next year you will have 52 cards done! Now you want to talk about a challenge, I am already wondering how weird it will be to do a Christmas card come Summer but I am really going to do my best to give this a try. For the week #1 challenge CCC asked for a one layer card. Let me tell you, I thought to myself this would be a piece of cake. NOT! It was the hardest thing I've done so far. I went through 3 pieces of card stock making this so called piece of cake card. There is zero room for mistakes! I'm not too thrilled by how it turned out other than I like the colors I used. But it's clean, simple and mostly finished! Week 1 done. Anyone else up for this challenge?
 |
| Well...it is one layer right? |
 |
The inside. And something "Savory" (hint hint)
|
See some BLOG CANDY in the bottom picture? If you are a follower here and leave a comment you will be entered for a chance to win this on Dec. 15th! And check back to see if it pops up in anymore pictures until then for more chances to win!
I also want to send out a big THANK YOU to Miranda at
http://www.nanasscrapspot.com/. I was picked as the winner of her blog candy and she sent me the most beautiful Christmas paper stack and some really adorable stickers. Miranda- this is going to help me out a lot during the next 52 weeks...thank you!
Thanks for stopping in everyone and have a great rest of the week!
Susan
23 comments:
I think you did a great job! I too love the colors.
Thanks for the link I'm going to think about joining in, but I'm also hesitant about Christmas cards in July.
Can't wait to see more,
Colin
Oh wow, Susan!! THis is just gorgeous! Is that image embossed?? It's fabulous! Thanks so much for writing up a post about CCC (& me!)! I hope you join us as much as you can all year around! It'll be so much fun seeing what you come up with! And, my, my, you are so persistent and determined...I love it!!! :) I'm sure your first couple of cards were just as amazing! Love the colors!!! Thanks, chicka, for playing along at CCC!
What fun colors :) Love the glitter!!
pruttybird at comcast dot net
Great card. I haven't gotten into making my cards. Don't have the time. But yours is beautiful. Still trying to decorate my house for Christmas! he he he.
Um. of course, I don't have my cards done...lol So much for my Dec 1 deadline. I am slowly working on them. I will definitely check out that blog though. How are you feeling? Are we on for tomorrow? I love what popped up with your card :)
Are my cards done??? Are you kidding? I admit they are not! I really need to get moving- this challenge sounds like a great idea- even if I only do it once every 2 weeks- I'll still have 26 done right? I think your wreath card turned out really cute too! :)Amy
No, my cards are not done. Why oh why did I have to decide to do a card with not 1, not 2 but 3 cut images on it. And I see Savory peeking out beside your cute card.
I just finished my cards earlier this week. I love your card! It's wonderful!! I like the glitter around the cut out :)
Thanks for a great giveaway :)
jim_candice at yahoo dot ca
http://candiscraps-scrapsofme.blogspot.com/
Oh this is a wonderful idea. I agree Christmas cards in the summer may be hard but it would be or will be wonderful to have all those cards. I think this is a great card but I know what you mean about it being hard to do a one layer card. Your's turned out wonderful! Love it.
Beautiful card! And no, I'm not done with my cards! And I'm mad at myself for not being more ahead of the game. But here I am blogging...better go make some cards! TFS!--Pat N.
very nice card!! Wow 52 cards!! Can't wait to see what you create, thanks for the chance to win something "savory"!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com
Beautiful card Susan!! No, I am not done with my cards...hopefully, have them done by next week.
Thanks for a great giveaway!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
Gorgeous card! Love how you did the window. And nope...not even close to being finished with my cards :0(
Be Blessed, Beckie
Beautiful Susan!
This is exactly why I love blogland...so many different ideas. This is a brilliant design for a single layer!!
I've tried to keep up with weekly Christmas challenges but always fail miserably around March! lol now I'm scrambling again and haven't sent out any cards yet! eek!
Your savory is showing again Susan! :)
take care hun and have a fabby wknd!
hugs & blessings
Hi Susan!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I know I haven't done much lately I think I have been overwhelmed with daily life that I find it hard to get time to craft:( sadness... Anyways I hope to have time during Christmas break!! Whoop Whoop!! I love your idea of making all your Christmas cards ahead of time! Your card turned out just beautiful! I love the sparkly wreath! Hope all is well with you!
Your Friend,
Kim
Susan this card is so lovely, you did a really great job! Love the window and the twinkling of the glitter! Haven't finished my cards but I am staying home this weekend... 1st time since June!!!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
Oooohhhh, forgot to mention I see a little something hiding in there!!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra
Hi my friend,
This is a beautiful card! You always do a wonderful job on every project you do. This challenge is a good idea too.
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement you leave me, I "savory" your friendship.
Just let you know I am feeling better as each day passes.
Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Super wreath card! I see fun candy popping in!
Hahahahah, am I done with my cards?! That's a good one! I won't even be done on Dec. 26. I fear I will have to make a *whisper* trip to Hallmark! Gasp!
Your wreath is so gorgeous and sparkly, Susan! I love the window you cut for it to shine through! Beautiful and "savory" card my friend!!
Hugs, Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Beautiful "one layer" card :) Thanks for playing at CCC this week.
Great card. Congrats!
Just came from Christmas Card Challenges site & you won Wk #1 One Layered Christmas Card Challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
Unfortunately, I'm just this week trying to get my cards done!
Your card is beautiful. Love all the little details you've added!!!
Post a Comment