Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Pop" in and Shred it!

I'm going to enter this in this weeks challenge at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/
When I hear the word "Shred" I think about running paper through a machine. However, in the world of Snowboarders the word shred relates to what happens to the snow after they go down a hill on their board. And just how do I know this important bit of information? I am a proud Mom of two boys that have shredded it since they were both very young, age three to be exact. My card today is one that was inspired by my boys. My goal was to create a Christmas card that could be appreciated by boys around the ages of my sons, Richie, 23 and Dennis, 17. Also, I should mention I used the Cricut Lite cartridge Dude, which I picked up just for this image!

So handsome!
And here they are in action:
Richie

Dennis
They are such great young men. They both have a good head on their shoulders and always, always make me laugh. I don't know where their sense of humor comes from, lol! Since the boys were very young we have collected Nutcrackers at Christmas and the current tally is at 55. Now these are not the expensive ones made in Germany but rather just ones that we liked. Here is a display of some of them. (Hint...something may "pop out" that doesn't belong in the picture.)
Something is out of place.......
If you leave a comment telling me what you see "pop out" in the above picture you will be entered to win it on Dec. 15th. For those that entered already on my last post you will automatically get an additional entry if you leave a comment on this post. (After all, you already know what it is...) Don't forget, any post I put up until Dec. 15th could have this certain something hidden in the background so keep checking back for more chances to win it!

Thanks for stopping in! I'm off to shred it now...but I'm sticking to paper shredding! ;)

Susan

28 comments:

Sugarlips said...

This card is so cute! The boys look like they were having so much fun.I love what popped up with your nutcrackers.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your card is so neat! Such a great image, they are sure to appreciate it! Love all your nutcrackers! I see what has popped in!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cely said...

Love those snowboarding pictures! I've never seen snow and your boys are so handsome! And I LOVE the card and image. I knew I should've gotten the Dude cartridge when it was on sale a couple of months ago! Ugh!

And I see something savory popping out of those nutcrackers...!

Letillia said...

O this is such a "Cool" card! Boy cards are so hard and you nailed it!! I am loving the Nutcracker Collection and I am also loving that "Savory" Gift that popped up!! Thanks for the chance to win.

Letillia
divaof5.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, Susan!! What a collection. One of those definitely doesn't belong in that group. Is his name "Savory?" ha ha

Love to read about your boys! I would be scared to death to snowboard!! Yes, they are handsome!!! What a lucky Mom you are!!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful snowboarding creation & photos. I see the Savory Lite Cricut cartridge that popped up.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

what a fun card!! And those nutcrackers are so cool - and I see the Savory Lite cartridge you poppped in there :)Amy

Unknown said...

Susan,

I love your card with the spin on the 12 days of X-mas. Good luck with the contest, I hope you win.

I want to add, this is a great collection of Nutcrackers. I was going to post a collection I have been working on (maybe this week) The one that 'Pops out' to me is the Frog Prince, on the far left. The Cartridge doesn't go so well but, those things end up everywhere.

Thanks for stopping by,

Colin

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Susan, your card is AMAZING...love that cut!

Aww, lovin' the proud mama photos too! Beautiful scene and such handsome young sons! My kids would love snowboarding...but we haven't any snow!!! lol

Great collection of nutcrackers and that Savory cart!! too fun!
Enjoy your wknd!
hugs & blessings

Lisa said...

Wow, what an awesome card, Susan!! I love that cut with the way the shadow trails behind! And your boys look like pros on their boards!!

Your nutcracker collection is so awesome!! I love how you have the lights threaded through them and humm, what is Savory doing popping into the picture??!! :P

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend my sweet friend!!

Lisa :)
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi, my dear friend, I love your nutcrackers!! I also love that you are always right there when I need to hear from a friend! I "savory" your friendship(aren't I clever?)lol, made myself laugh, ouch! that hurts!! Really, I appreciate you so much.

Hugs, Pam

Bobby said...

Your card is very unique. And that cart popping up among the nutcrackers is, too. lol

Melanie Makes said...

Love to see boy themed cards. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB. - Melanie

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness Susan! This card is amazing! I'll bet your cute boys just love it! I have an almost 20 yo boy and a 17 yo daughter and a 14 yo daughter - the only one of them that has snowboarded is the youngest and she did it for a season and decided to switch to skiing, but still has not started that. We are not very athletically inclined in our family I guess - we are all artistic :)

I love your nutcrackers and that cute Savory one is a nice addition LOL - another cart I don't own, of course I only own a few. Thanks for another chance to win it!

Now, you asked on my blog where I get my pins for stick pins. I used the pins from the bridal section at Michaels - I think they are boutonniere pins - they are about 3 inches long. I can't seem to find anything longer, but I think that is what most people use. At least, that is what I have been told :) I hope that is helpful! Hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

What a GREAT card Susan! I love the cut:0 Your boys look like their having a ball:) Thanks for sharing the pics...

Love your display/collection of the nutcrackers. Can't figure out why you have the Savory cartridge popped in there!!!! :)Thanks for a chance Susan!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anniebee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anniebee said...

Awesome card, Susan, and the photos are very cool too! We don't get that kind of snow in Texas, that's for sure!

By the way, you were the winner of my blog candy in the Holiday Cards Blog Hop for Joy's Life. I am sending you an email .

And since I'm here, I spy a Cricut Lite Savory cartridge nestled in among your beautiful nutcracker collection. I love nutcrackers!

Have a great week!
Anne
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com

Trish and Treasure said...

If your boys ever get to the South Island in New Zealand to go shredding there is a different kind of Nutcracker at the local Club fields that takes you to the top of the mountain! This mountin of snow looks magic, where are they? and I love the Savory that you popped into the picture!
Trish Munro

Jackie said...

You are so funny, wonder where they do get that sense of humor...he he he. I love the snow and skiing, wish we had it close, but Texas doesn't give us that privilege! Hmmm, let's see what's out of place...I love all your nutcrackers! Savory fits in just a little bit, but off! LOL LOL, thanks, I was just 'popping' in to say hello and a chance ;)

Beckie said...

What a great card. Love how it's so original.

Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

Be Blessed, Beckie

scrapperbecka said...

Susan
Love your card that is so neat! My husband loves to snowboard too. Hmmmm...whats out of place well of course all those nutcrackers around that precious cartridge! LOL..Thank you for visiting my blog this weekend.
Becka

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

Susan love your card its very cool!!! Just stopping by to tell you that you won my blog candy! Please get in touch with me.


Dana
Dtarchala@gmail.com

Tracy said...

Your card is too cool! I know how to ski, but I have always wanted to learn how to snowboard. Also, thanks for stopping my blog for the Christmas cards blog hop and leaving such a sweet comment! I really appreciate it :)

Unknown said...

Still awake at 12:45am my time, so I wanted to come by and say Hi, and thank you so much for your wonderful caring comments. You will never know how it perks me up.

Kyce was brought over tonight and I broke down, I was kinda close to never being here for him, it hit me all of a sudden. This was pretty serious I guess, if I had not been treated. But God had another plan, yeah!

I will be lurking around even if I don't comment for a couple weeks. I am really sore! I made some stuff last week that I am going to try to post,, but who knows.

Anyway, thank you for being such an awesome friend!!

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Cely said...

Omigosh Susan... do NOT tell me that McRibs are gone. They still had em the other day but I opted for a Happy Meal with a Hello Kitty toy instead. I'm going to kick myself if they're out and I didn't get a chance to buy and freeze a dozen!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Susan! Handsome boys! And I love the card too!

Pendra said...

Hi my friend... you collect nutcrackers too??? This is getting a little bit scary, how much we are alike! Anyway, looks like your boys are having fun, me on sticks of wood, going down a BIG hill... don't think so!!! I see something out of place and would love that little something!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

RiNNE said...

That's a stellar card!! Thanks for sharing your pics - your boys are very handsome and athletic! That card is perfect!!

How funny -- just saw The Nutcracker this past weekend. Awesome collection. I think there's a cartridge out of place :).

Post a Comment