Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Green Blend Award

Thank you Lisa and Pam!


My very dear friends Lisa at http://indymermaid.blogspot.com and Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com were thoughtful enough to send this very special Green Blend Award to me. Ladies, I thank you so very much! I absolutely adore these two ladies and to have them pass this to me is really such an honor. I began my blog almost a year ago, March 6th to be exact. In April of 2011 I was blessed to have Lisa stop in and I was blessed again in July, 2011 when Pam visited. Since then we have become such good friends and I hope they both know how much they mean to me. Ladies, thank you for the award but more important, thank you for your friendship. {{HUGS}}!!!

Here's a little info on this Green Blend Award:

This award was created by Beckie of Just B Creative Crazy.
"The “Green” portion represents how we should be kind to one another and help one another…such as being “Green” and helping our environment. Reissue the kindness that someone once gave to you as an infant blogger. Recycle the ideas you have learned or invented to pass along to up and coming crafters. Reduce the frustrations of wanting to a blogger with magnitude."

What a wonderful concept! When I started my blog I wasn't just green, I was every shade of green available, from forest green to baby puke green and all in between! It was pathetic and I really wanted to give it up. But I didn't. I kept pushing and once I started figuring it out I soon learned how many wonderful people there are in this world.


Here are the terms under which this “Green Blend Award” are to be given:
1. This award is for any co-blogging friend who has helped you develop your blog in any and all ways.

2. This award is for any co-blogging friend who has cheered you along in your blog building, craft advancing career.

3. This award is for any co-blogging friend who always stops by and is kind to you. You can count on them to always be one of the great comments at the end of your post.

4. This award is to be given to 3 to 5 Blends whom you feel meet the listed requirements.

5. Create a post with the terms of use and publish your Blends of choice.

6. Blend of choice may copy the award from your blog and proudly post it on theirs.

7. Blend of choice may continue the kindness by issuing this award to keep the circle forever growing.


I would like to pass this on to those that continue to inspire me and are there for me. It's my way of saying thank you.

Lisa at  http://indymermaid.blogspot.com .
I have to bounce this back to Lisa, she rocks! She has been a HUGE inspiration to me and a HUGE pain in the rear to my husbands wallet! LOL! I hope to be as creative as she is when I grow up! (Even though I'm probably older). Lisa makes me so proud. We started our blogs around the same time and to see how far she has come reminds me to believe I can do it too!

Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com .
I'm a bouncing again. Pam is amazing! We have so much in common I sometimes wonder if we are somehow related. If so, then I could be related to that cute little grandbaby of hers with the cute smile and I could maybe be an honorary grandmom at last! ;) Pam also reminds me to keep my faith and not let any physical distractions get me down.

Audrey at http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com .
My fellow Chi town girl! I found Audrey during a blog hop back in April, 2011 and have been a huge fan ever since. She makes the most beautiful and unique projects and inspires me to think outside the box. (But can she make beautiful boxes, omg!) Audrey reminds me to keep my sense of humor when times are tough because laughter is the best medicine! And knee mails do help! ;)

Cindy at http://cindysantics.blogspot.com .
I stumbled on to Cindy's blog back in early April, 2011 and was so impressed with her copic marker skills. She has inspired me to set aside the Cricut and do more projects that involve coloring stamped images. She also has the same sense of humor as I do, perhaps inappropriate to some, but so damn funny to us!! (You know what I'm talking about Cindy...lol)! She also shares recipes from time to time and in doing so she reminds me to remember I don't always have to blog about crafts.

Kim at http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com .
I started to blog with Kim in March, 2011 and have just loved seeing how talented she is with layouts. I remember a post I put up way back and I was saying how hard it is for me to handle my tools sometimes because of my shaky hands. Kim gave me some advise on a tool to pick up that would help and I thought that was so nice of her to let me know about that. We had only blogged together once and she was willing to help someone she didn't even know. That's my kind of person! Kim inspires me to do more layouts and this year I plan on doing just that!



These next two people are new friends and they both inspire me.

Jessie at http://edoggsugarlipsandprincessbuttercup.blogspot.com .
Jess and I get together to chat and create. She has also encouraged me to work with eyelets, and I'm really liking it!

Colin at http://crimsoncricut.blogspot.com .
Colin is so talented and does some of the most cutest cards. He inspires me to use all those Cricut cartridges I have! He makes things that I never would have thought of, but it comes so easy to him. He is also such a nice person and a new blogger, same as I was a year ago. ;)

Alright, alright, I know this was super long. But I want you all to know just how much I appreciate you and I am so thankful to have such great friends that not only help me make my blog fun, but also my life. Thank you!

Susan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much once again for the recognition. I don't know how easy it all comes to me, but I'll take it. I also want to see this inappropriate humor you mentioned, I hope I haven't been holding back for nothing! As much as I appreciate this I'm also hating you at the moment because now I have to think of others to pass this on too. Once again thank you so much, you have always been my #1 follower and friend.

Colin

Lisa said...

"There's no crying in crafting...there's no crying in crafting..." Nope, your mantra is so not working for me this time!! THANK YOU so much for the sweet words, my friend, and I am honored that you passed this back to me!! It means so much to me!! I will definitely add this to my blog with pride!!

Your blogaversary is coming up in a week and mine is exactly a week later!! Wow, it has been an amazing year and I am so lucky to have met you in this wonderful world of blogging, Susan!! You are such a great friend (and so gosh darn funny!!) and I'm thankful for our friendship!!

Hugs my sweet friend and thank you again,

Lisa :)
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, my sweet, Susan. Got your message and I love you right back!!! LOL!!!

I'm going to post the award on my sidebar and include the names of all who passed it on to me.

Thank you so very much, my friend, for including me!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the bounce:)) I don't do enough bouncing so this is great! Really, thank you Susan and I agree we are very much alike, sisters in spirit if not in the flesh.

I am also quit sure Kyce would love another Nanny, so from now on consider yourself a grandmom!!

I am so blessed by your friendship, and you keep me going most of the time. I thank Father God everyday for you and so many other of these wonderful blends.

Big hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment