The place we went to is called The Sunflower Stuga, located in Stillwater, MN.
![]() |
| http://www.sunflowerstuga.com |
![]() |
| The craftroom Click on the link to see more pictures of the inside. |
I would recommend this place to anyone. It's very clean and has a well stocked craftroom. The picture above doesn't show it but there were around 20 cartridges available for the Cricut provided along with mats. There are also numerous punches and scissors, stamps (wooden), gel pens, even paper if needed. The best part was the amount of space. Of course there was only three of us this time but we have been there before with 5 people and there was plenty of room. The lighting is fantastic too. There are huge windows that face west so it is nice and bright, and warm! (Sometimes too warm, but that could have just been my hot flashes).
So this year the retreat was attended by myself and my good friends Laurie, a.k.a. Lulu, (a.k.a. Teacher) and Sarah, a.k.a. Lola. We have names for our scrapping alter egos. In case you were wondering, mine is Sisi. (I told you there is something about being with friends!) I thought I would share some of the projects we worked on. First off, Lulu did so many beautiful layouts of her children. Check out a few of them:
![]() |
| She does such good work! |
![]() |
| Sorry, you may want to tilt your head to see it! |
![]() |
| Three very happy scrappers! |
![]() |
| (Left to right) Lulu, Sisi, Lola |
![]() |
| The little oven door opens to reveal a bun in the oven! ha ha |
Is that not pitiful? Well, he is ok now that I'm home. Of course he won't leave me alone but he is fine. I had a great time at the retreat and I can't wait until the next one. Thanks for stopping in everyone! I will be heading over to visit shortly to see how you are all doing. The weather people are calling for in excess of a foot of snow starting tomorrow so any prayers you can send my way to prevent this would be mucho appreciated! You all have a fab day! Oh, and I still plan on doing my RAK giveaway so thanks to those who left comments last week!
Susan










































10 comments:
You are right Susan--or should I say Sisi, there is nothing like crafting with friends. It looks like a great place and seems like fun! The layouts look great, and how funny- a bun in the oven haha! Made me laugh! I hope for your sake there is no snow....:)Amy
Looks like it was tons of fun :)
looks like a blast!!! Great card and layouts by all:)
Susan,(Sisi) looks like you had a great time!!! I have been to several scrap booking retreats. They are so much fun!! There is a card making one here in March, but darn, I won't be able to go!!! You guys all did great work!! So Sorry about Shadow becoming so sad with you gone!! I can't wait to go to another!! Glad to see your post!!!
I so wish I could go on a scrap book retreat! Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Great LO and cute card:)
`Kim
It sounds like you had such a fabulous time, Susan!! I'm glad :) I would love to do something like this!! Your projects are so awesome!! I love the beautiful layout and the card - ha!! So fun and funny!! Poor Shadow :( I hope you are giving him lots of hugs and treats!! I'll be thinking of you in your foot of snow while I'm outside in the sunny, mid 50's here :) Sorry, that was mean :( I'm glad you had a great retreat with your friends!! :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Hey, Susan!!! Welcome back!!! So very glad to hear you had a wonderful time!!! You really needed that, I'm sure!
The projects are all awesome, great to see them -- and great to have my friend back home!
Hey Sisi, I'm so glad you had such a good time! You needed this time away to regroup. My heart broke for puppy, my Dallas does the same thing but not for me but for his Dad:))
It looks by your pictures you all had fun, and got a lot done. There is a special thing that happens with girlfriends huh! Especially those that love us. They seem to see every fault and just go pass them to the real us, inside. We all need that kind of friends. Cherish the ones you have.
Thank you sweetie for the wonderful comment you left me, and no I didn't know that but I am blessed that I can be of any inspiration to keep our Father close. He is so awesome and worthy of our attention for sure.
BTW did you see the pictures of Kyce? Check out his chubby face!! He is so cute if I can say so. He laughs all the time. Jacquie took me to the store the other day and he was asleep in his carrier till we got in the store. I was talking to her and she said Oh my look at him! I was in my wheelchair so lower than him in the cart, and he was pulling himself up and trying to see me!! He knew my voice and wanted to see me. She lifted the carrier and our eyes met and he got that huge grin on his face. He melts me!!
I adore all of my grand babies, but when they are little, well it's good they can't talk, cuz their Poppy would be broke, I'd be buying Mustangs or BMW's, haha!
Oh yeah, I don't watch the greatest race, wouldn't now for sure, I would be nuts! Well more nuts!
It's 11:30pm here so I best try to go to sleep, once again I am so glad you had fun my dear sweet friend. Can't wait for a really long update full of lots of details, email me!
Big hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
OMGosh, that was a long comment!! sorry!! But I missed you!
Hugs Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
what a wonderful way to make happy memories. Hugs P.S. I'm your newest linky follower :-)
Post a Comment