Monday, September 5, 2011

Jo's Birthday Blog Hop!

Welcome hoppers! I'm so glad you are stopping in and showing support for Jo's Birthday Blog Hop! First things first...a big happy birthday to Jo at http://joboogie.typepad.com! {{Big birthday hugs Jo}}! You should have came here from the blog of my friend, the fabulous and very talented Lisa at http://indymermaid.blogspot.com. This is your last stop before hopping back to Jo and making sure you leave your blog/email address in Mr. Linky to win her amazing blog candy! (And don't forget...you have to follow all the blogs to win!) Now if you popped in and want to start at the beginning just click on Jo's link and hop away from there! There is much fun and inspiration to be had and also some pretty awesome blog candy to win! In case you are like me, and lost your way, here's the list of blogs:

Jo - http://joboogie.typepad.com (The birthday girl)!


Amber - http://my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

Ashley - http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com

Corinne: http://rinnesbliss.blogspot.com

Diana - http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jacilynn - http://jacilynndashwood.blogspot.com

Lisa - http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Susan - http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com  (That's me)!

Yes, a nice easy blog hop and it's going until Sunday, Sept. 11th! Pass the word!


For Jo's birthday I wanted to make a card that is original, cute and above all else, funny. I hope this puts a smile on her face! I used the Create a Critter cartridge and let my imagination do the rest. To get a better view of this card click on the picture to enlarge.




Happy Birthday from all of us Jo!


The original and unique thing about this card was that I wanted texture for the little path the turtle is walking by but I didn't have anything to give the effect of gravel. So what did I use? Bird cage liner. That's right, after all it is paper! lol! I did distress the edges with a little brown ink to give it a more realistic look.  I hope you like my little critters birthday card. I had a lot of fun making it!
 
How about some candy? Now I know we are all told not to take candy from strangers so that being said if you become a follower here we won't be strangers and you could win this awesome candy!
 
 
Just in time for Halloween you can win four stamps and Stickles Black and Orange for just leaving a comment and following! A winner will be chosen on Monday, Sept. 12th.  (If you already follow me, thank you so much, you're awesome!) ;)
 
I hope you enjoyed the hop! Please don't forget to hop on back to Jo, wish her a happy birthday, and link up your blog/email on Mr. Linky. Thanks for stopping in and have a great week!
 
Susan
p.s. This is the first hop I've participated in so I want to also say thank you to Jo for allowing me to be in the fun! Also, I hope I didn't mess up but if I did I always blame my husband so it's his fault! (ha ha, he knows I love him)! ;)
 


47 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Susan, Congrats on your first hop!!!! I think you nailed it! Your card is just adorable and I love the story it told! Thanks so much for the chance to win!

Happy Follower:):)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Really cute card- I love the little comments (dog years, nine lives)- it is funny! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Super cute card!!
Tracy
jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

RiNNE said...

Susan- what a stellar card indeed!! And hilarious! I love your little critters & the fact that you used the birdcage liner! Awesome and creative and I'm such a fan of upcycling!

Lisa said...

HA! This is so awesome my funny, funny friend! You are so clever! This will definitely put a smile on Jo's face...and everyone who sees it! And how creative are you...using bird cage liner! (I hope it wasn't used!! Just kiddin' :) This is so AMAZING! All the details are spectacular! I'm so happy to be hopping with you today :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jens Craft Corner said...

Your card is so cute! Love the animals.

Respect My Kraft - Kris and Kristen said...

So nice! You put a lot of love in this, it's so cutee

Keep Krafting! =]
-Kristen

Eva Laney said...

what an adorable cute fun and very original card you have created here. I am already a follower here.
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have 2 giveaway's on my blog

DIANA L. said...

I love what you did with the birdcage paper. Happy to be hopping with you.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Haha, wow, bird cage liner? I never think outside of the box for card making. I should start using more non-crafty materials! (BTW, if for whatever reason my name is drawn for your blog candy, please choose someone else. I'm not that big on Halloween, so I'm sure someone else would appreciate your goodies more than I would. Thanks!)

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh, hahahaha!! Your card is awesome!! I am a new follower!! :)
Kimberly
hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Really cute card with all the adorable little sayings going on!!! Such a fun card too!

Ashley Newell said...

What a super cute scene!

angie ashuk said...

great card!!! Love that you used bird liner! very imaginative:)

katieo said...

I love the way you made a scene on your card and the saying is hilarious. Fun idea to use birdcage liner.
I am already follow you
katieoscreations@gmail.com

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Hehehehe!!! This is so fun and creative! I love all their cute comments! Great job on your first hop!
Amber

juli (sweetpz) said...

Darling card! i love the cute animals! thanks for sharing, you did a great job on your first blog hop!
hugs
juli

Tiffany said...

I love your card! The little critters and their sayings. Congrats on your first hop! TFS

tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Letillia said...

Super Fun Projects! I am your newest follower and I hope you can follow me when you get the chance!

divsof5.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How cute! I love the scene! Thanks so much for joining me for my first ever blog hop! Love ya! :)

Lorraine said...

wow this card is so fab i love it its so adorably cute and thanks for the chance of winning your fab candy too xx

Christine said...

Your card is so cute! I am a new follower, maybe you would like to hop over to my blog and follow me too.

http://pickulblog.blogspot.com/
Chris.Pickul@hotmail.com

Laurie said...

This card is absolutely adorable!!! So much detail! TFS and I'm your newest follower!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

smyiow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smyiow said...

Super cute!! I love your cards!!!

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is SO fun and cute. Love ALL the details:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rez P. said...

Aloha Susan,
This card is sooo adorable. I love the turtle it is sooo cute.TFS. This was sooo much fun..
Hugs,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/

Divine said...

Yay for your very first blog hop, hehe. Love those critters on the cards :) I love Create a Critter cartridge, lol

Kris Dietz said...

This card is so cute! I love all the little critters. TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Babe O'Mara said...

Congrats on your first blog hop. Your card is so cute. Love the little turtle. Great details. I'm a new follower. TFS.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this card is sooooo cute! It made me laugh I love all the answers the little animals are giving but then I really laughed when I read that you used bird cage liner for texture! Girl! I am a new follower and look forward to seeing what you do next, come follow me back if you get a chance...I am still giggling!

chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Susan you crack me up!! This is adorable and so much your personality too:)) I can just see you digging in the cat litter bag saying this will work! Great job, Jo will love it. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Stamp with Angela said...

Very cute card.
thepalmersangela at gmail dot com

Tracey said...

Such a cute card..... You did put a smile on my face.

Jacilynn said...

seriously cute stuff! I love this project, perfect for the hop!
cheers

Anita Kejriwal said...

Hey!!!!!! I,ve reached here finally! Since this is my first hop too, I did not want to make mistakes. Your card is too too cute and that candy is really good. Good to follow your blog. hugs Anita

Anonymous said...

I absolutely Love it!

Judy said...

So cute!! Bird cage liner? How funny!
The sentiment and answers are great..
I am a new follower...
judy jaeb
jejaeb(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com

callyannc said...

Super fun card! Never seen one like that! Too cute! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
come on over:)

Ulysses' mama said...

Very cute and creative card! Tons of detail! I am a new follower.
Daladypej@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Love this, Susan!! How creative to use bird cage paper!! You are always full of great ideas!! I'm sure Jo loved the card!! Great blog hop!!

fairie said...

tehehe....adorable and cute cards!!!

Pendra said...

Hi Susan, so sorry I missed your Hop... been with my sister trying to take care of Mom's affairs... looks like you had a lot of visitors though! Hope you had fun!! Anyway I wanted to let you know I didn't forget about the lovely award you gave me... stop by for a visit!
Hugs,
Pendra

Barbara B said...

So cute! I haven't used the Create a Critter cartridge yet, but seeing your cute little critters has made me want to go use it. They are so cute! Pendra sent me!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Susan!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! I wanted to drop in on you too just to say hello!!!

You must be working on a pretty great project to not have posted in several days... LOL!!!

scrappinC said...

Way too cute card, love all the funny statements from the animals. Birdcage liner love the idea.
I am a new follower.
Cindy Lou
endurapuppy at yahoo.com

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Susan, this is too FABULOUS!!! made me smile!
love all the little talking critters! You are so creative! You did an awesome job for your very first hop!
hugs & blessings!

...still smilin'!

Post a Comment