Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quick update and question

Hey friends!
My goodness have I missed you all so very much. Thanks for your well wishes and support over my gimpy shoulder issue. It kind of went from bad to worse this week. On Monday I had to go to the E.R.  because the pain was just so bad. I swear to you, I thought I had dislocated my shoulder the pain was so bad. Not only that but I could not move my arm, at all. The x-ray came up clean so it was a shot of some heavy duty pain meds and an order for an MRI on Tuesday . Tuesday I went in and had the MRI done of the Cervical spine and right shoulder. What an ordeal that was. Then as you know I went in Thursday to see the ortho doctor. To sum it up, it isn't tendonitis as it was previously thought. Not to gross you out here but the doc had to drain my shoulder and send this crystal type fluid in for testing. He didn't say much about it other than to come back next week to discuss the results and possibly have my shoulder "flushed". Yippie yea, doesn't that sound like a ton of fun! Oh, and he did give me two steriod injections. Between the draining and injections the pain is much better but not gone. At least I can sleep at night and move my arm and after what I went through that is okay by me! I have never had pain that was so intense like this was.

Here's my question. I know this is a blog about positive and fun creative things but it would help me out so much if any of you have been through anything like this. If so can you please share? You can email me if you would rather keep it private. (SNally1965 (at) comcast (dot) net).  I've done some research on the internet and have an idea I know what this could be. Of course I don't want to say until I know for sure.

Now while my arm is still feeling better I am just dying to get in my craftroom! And blog hop! And visit all of you! And I might be slow at doing all this but I am going to do it! After all, I am stubborn and will never let any sort of disability stop me. It may take forever but as God as my witness....I will do it! Thank you for your prayers, and I mean that from the top and bottom of my heart! It really means so much to me! {{Big hugs to all of you}} and I will see you soon!

Susan

6 comments:

Kim said...

Susan, I'm so sorry you have been suffering so:( sadness...I will say a prayer for you:)
~Kim

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

So sorry for your suffering/pain. Not familiar with shoulder flushing but am familiar with it involving the knee. My brother had knee injuries from football & such and had to have his knee drained. Hope you get some answers/resolution.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

If you have crystals it could be gout. Isn't that a ugly word, I think it's ugly! I have gotten gout before and the pain is beyond bad!! I got it on the top of my foot, I guess most get it in a joint, but not me. top of the foot, could not walk, couldn't put my foot down, or even rest it on a pillow killed me. They have meds for it though, thank goodness. I hope it's something else, once you get it your prone to get it again. I said a special prayer for you. Hugs, Pam

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh my sweet, dear friend, I am so very sorry to hear you are going through such pain! I'd been concerned about your shoulder earlier and prayed for you to feel better but I had NO idea you were suffering so! Now, I'll just have to keep my knees bent longer and pray harder that you just won't have to suffer through this for long -- I truly hope not!!!

I'm so glad you have such a positive attitude about it because that does help. You're in my constant thoughts and prayers, my friend!

Thanks too for even finding and taking the time to think of me. I appreciate that even more so now knowing just how badly you've been doing, and I appreciate our friendship even more.

Unknown said...

Susan I am checking in on you. I miss you! I hope you are doing alright??? What did the MRI say, if you can share? I am still praying for you. I'm having some issues too but not like yours, so be good my friend, take good care of yourself. Hugs, Pam

Anonymous said...

Susan I m so sorry to hear you are in pain. Sending healing thoughts and vibes your way.
Hugs

Post a Comment