Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's the little things

OMG..how fast summer goes by! I love summer but I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't enjoy the extra time winter allows me to craft and blog. I know you all are maybe feeling the same way but there is no guilty feelings allowed on this blog! Now I know I haven't posted a project in a short time but I have been working on a few. Here's the story...

In the townhouse where I live we have an amazing association. Anytime there has been an issue of any sort it is dealt with right away. Now of course I'm not one to expect the world to bow at my feet, only the males in my home should do that. I'M KIDDING! (That was a good one). However, I'm a firm believer that you always get more results when showing respect to others. It's the right thing to do. Too many times I feel people who go above and beyond are overlooked so I like to go above and beyond to change that when I can. Could you imagine how better our world would be if everyone did that? Well, our association has the best maintenance guy in my opinion and he has his son who works with him to learn the trade. His son is around 20 years old and he works so hard everyday. He really is the hardest working 20 year old I have seen.  A while back we had requested a privacy fence put in since our neighbors can't seem to keep there dogs in their yard. Now I love dogs but with a bad back I have a difficult time picking up the dog waste of my own two, I'm sure you can relate. Last week this 20 year old came out and put in the most beautiful wooden fence all by himself. So I got to thinking. This boy is so quiet and polite and he works in his dads shadow so I'm sure he doesn't get much in the way of gratitude. I decided to make him a little gift card holder and included a $10 dollar gift card so he could buy himself a nice lunch sometime. I mean, I couldn't take him out to lunch because people might start thinking I'm some sort of cougar or something! LOL!!! Then after I made that for him I thought it would be nice to make a card for the fine folks in the association office, which I did, and I also baked a cake for them. So here is the picture of the card and gift holder. I'll spare you the picture of the cake which tasted good but didn't turn out as pretty!



That gift card  in the picture was used for dramatic purposes. The gift card I bought him was for Milio's, which is like a Subway. Let me add that the way his face light up when I gave this to him was priceless. It's the little things that can mean the world to others.

I'll be making my rounds in a little while here. I'm working on something for a blog hop I will be participating in on Monday!!! Whoo hoo! My first one! I can't wait!

Till next time friends!

Susan

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, what a kind thing for you to do; I'm sure he really appreciated it! And so did everyone enjoy the cake! LOL!!!

The gift card is so cute!

Linda said...

Oh Susan you are a sweetheart. That was so nice of you.
I would have loved to see the cake. I don't bake anymore.
You made me laugh with your cougar comment. To funny.
Love all the cards.

Lisa said...

What a sweet, thoughtful thing to do, Susan!! The cards are just beautiful! And HA the cougar comment! I have got to remember not to drink anything before I read your posts, otherwise, I'm moping Diet Coke off my screen! I'm excited to blog hop with you on Monday :D Have a great weekend my sweet friend!!

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Susan you are such a hoot!! And you are so sweet, you're such a giving person, and I know that to be true from first hand experience. Your gift card cards are so cute!! Now you must let me know what you think of what is going on at the Big Brother house! I can't believe Adam is still there, talk about a loser!! And What happen to Jeff, so sad:) At least Jordan is still there, yeah! Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Susan, that was so nice of you!! I'm sure he loved the Milio's card. (I love Milio's, too!)
It's too bad there aren't more people out there like you, who show their appreciation for a job well done, especially to our younger generation!!
I hope you have a great holiday weekend!!

JulieK said...

That's one of the nicest stories I've read in a awhile. :) You're absolutely right- a little bit of kindness and respect goes a long way!

Kim said...

Hey Susan, I'm so glad to have found some time to drop in and say hello and see what you have been up too! What a very nice thing to do for someone, showing them your appreciation and I'm sure just making there day:) The card turned out great too!
~Kim

Eva Laney said...

Thanks so much for spreading the word on my giveaway. much appreciated!!!

Crafty Hugs, Eva :0)

http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Post a Comment