Saturday, October 29, 2011

Awards, thanks and new friends

Hey ladies! Last weekend I was passed on the Versitile Blogger Award and the Butterfly Award by my friend Amy at http://amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com/. Thank you very much for thinking of me Amy! It's always fun to see what Amy is creating, she is very talented and such a nice lady! If you follow her blog stop on over and say hi, if you don't follower her you are missing out so get on over and follower her blog! You'll be happy you did!




With the Butterfly award there are no rules attached but with the Versatile Blogger award there are a few rules.

1.) Thank the person who awarded you
2.) Tell 7 things about yourself that your readers may not know
3.) Award 7 other bloggers this award

So here are my 7 things:

1. I love McDonald's McRib sandwich.
2. My least favorite months are January and February.
3. I not only believe in ghosts, but given the chance would investigate them.
4. I was a volunteer EMT  years ago but stopped because of what I saw.
5. I was on a mud volleyball team.
6. I have, and still use, a hairbrush I bought in 1984. (Thats true!)
7. I almost gave up blogging after my first month. (I'm so glad I didn't!)

Now I need to pass this on to 7 bloggers and I'm going to do something a little different here. As I said in # 7, I almost gave up on blogging after my first month. I would go through blogs and leave comments but I would rarely get any comments, or followers, in return.  I am so glad I didn't give it up because to be honest, I look so forward to visiting with all of you and the inspiration you all have given me is priceless. So I am going to pass this on to 7 bloggers that I've begun to follow that do not have a large following yet. Please stop over by them and share the blogger love that we all have become so thankful for. In no certain order, ladies, please enjoy these beautiful awards on your blogs:

Bobby - http://bitsandpiecesdesigns.blogspot.com/
Angie - http://crazyscraplady-angelpie.blogspot.com/
Lulu - http://lillulu13.blogspot.com/
Mynnette - http://mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com/
Sheila - http://sheilassuperdupercraftycorner.blogspot.com/

and also check out:

http://edoggsugarlipsandprincessbuttercup.blogspot.com/
http://izzy-izzwizz.blogspot.com/


Ladies, if you need any help adding these awards to your blog you can email me and I would be more than happy to help you out. (Email address is on my profile). Amy- thank you again for thinking of me. I'll see you all back tomorrow night when Ms. Kiki will pick the winner of the PK stamp set!

{{Hugs}}

Susan

15 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Susan!!! Congratulations on your award!!!

Although it was a pretty frightening fall, I'm just fine! I went to the emergency room and to my dentist to have myself checked out. I do have to go back to the dentist because, at the time, there was too much swelling for her to do a full x-ray; however, I have no pain at all -- thank God!!!

Hope all's going well with you!

Hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats on your awards! That is soooo sweet of you to pass it to those starting out. I am glad you stuck with blogging Susan. You have a lot to share and bring a lot of inspiration to us:)

I can't believe you still have your hairbrush from 1984,lol! I think I would too, had I not lost it. But, I think mine is about 10 yrs now...hehe! Crazy ha? The things we can't part with:)

Have a good night...
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Norma said...

Hi Susan, Congratulations on all you lovely awards!! So glad you didn't give up blogging:) I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Hugs,
Norma

Kim said...

Susan, Congrats on all your awards!! Your so deserving! I love to reading the seven things you had to list! I have never heard of playing mud volleyball but I played volleyball in school and also coached at my daughters school one year!
Enjoy your weekend! What's left of it:):)
~Kim

Sugarlips said...

Congrats on your awards!! You absolutely deserve them. Also thanks for passing them to me!!

I am glad that you didn't quit blogging, I love your blog.

Your idea about the challenge sounds fun. I will make some cuts and have them ready Tuesday. Can't wait to meet you.

RiNNE said...

Susan, congratulations on your awards! You truly deserve it as you are so very nice! I believe in karma so you will be getting lots back your way for giving those other ladies some good vibes!

Glad you didn't give up. I think even if at first, there'd be no comments on your blog, there are people who read it. Sometimes people just don't like leaving comments. But I could totally relate. I started blogging on 2007 but it wasn't till 2009 that more than 2 would comment. Joining in on challenges, commenting/ following others, and vying for design teams spots helped!

How fun getting to know you. First, I'm very glad that the McRib is back (even if it's only for a limited time). Then, you got some courage! I am terrified of ghosts!! :)

Jackie said...

Susan, congrats on your awards, that is awesome. Thank you for dropping by on my blog too. I love meeting crafty people via blogs. You're awesome, thanks for the links. I also see you have mix shar pei (our two fav breeds shar peis and bulldogs). he he he. Anyway, thanks again and congrats! Your new follower/crafty friend. :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your so-deserved awards my sweet friend!!

You know how glad I am that you didn't give up blogging after a month. My blogging life definitely would not be the same without you. And my computer screen would be pretty grimy. Thanks to you, it gets cleaned off pretty regularly ;)

If you want to start up a Ghostbusters operation...I'm in! I'd love to investigate them, too! Speaking of ghosts, I hope you are having a wonderful Halloween weekend! Sadly, I live on the top of a hill surrounded by woods on the outskirts of town, so I don't get trick-or-treaters. But gotta buy a bag of candy - just in case! (That's my excuse for buying the candy and I'm sticking to it ;)

I hope all is well with you, Susan! I'll stop back by tomorrow to see Kiki in action :)

Hugs, Lisa :)
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Well deserved awards Susan- and thanks for the shout out!!! I love reading your get to know you facts- mud volleyball??? That made me chuckle just a little. So glad you didn't give up on blogging- you always make me laugh and have great inspiration my friend!! :)Amy

Cely said...

That's why you and I are friends, Susan...

THE MCRIB!!!!

I ate 3 this week. I'm such a fatty! I wonder if we can freeze them?

Unknown said...

Susan, Susan, I am for one sooo happy you didn't give up!! I would be one very sweet friend down, and that would be so sad:(( You bring joy to me with every comment you leave. And your talent would have been lost to all of us too! Not to mention your humor, that makes all who read your blog smile or as Lisa says, blow pop all over her screen! You are a very special addition to all of our lives. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

JulieK said...

Congrats on your awards!! I'm so happy you stuck with blogging! I felt like giving up too in my first few months (so glad I didn't!) but it was because of the friends that I made that I stuck with it- and my life has changed because of it! I do not like Jan. and Feb either- too cold and too much snow! I'd hibernate through Jan.-March if I could! I too believe in ghosts but they scare the "sheet" out of me!

Bobby said...

Thank you so much for sending the awards on to me. I gave you credit on my blog today. Now you can check out my 7 things. ;)

Mynn xx said...

Susan! I am so incredibly honored! Thank you so much--you're wonderful! :) I have almost given up blogging about a billion times for the very same reason--I go and comment and got no feedback. I'm glad every time that I don't because even if nobody gives me feedback, I am still sharing with the world! The posts with only one comment or even no comments still hurt a little, but you and others like you have made it worth it! Thank you so much--you rock my world and made my day!!!

Sheila said...

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for the awards, how lovely of you to think of me! I'm now making up my list of blogs to pass the awards onto and also 7 things to tell. Like you I would like to pass them on to new bloggers - we need all the help we can get! ;0) I'm also tripping merrily through your blog list, and finding so many interesting sites - I might be tied up for a while!! Thanks again xx

Post a Comment