Friday, October 14, 2011

Mr. Jeepers Creepers!

Hey friends! TGIF! (Thank God It's Friday)! In honor of Halloween I made another card and will be entering it onto the challenges over at http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/  and http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/.  I've never been much into Halloween cards before this year but my goodness they are fun to make, aren't they?


Mr. Creepers eyes WILL follow you!


The skull was cut from the Wall Decor cartridge, (3 times for layering), the embossing was a Tim Holtz one and the cool spider webs/spiders was from a Martha Stewart stamps set. Oh, and I did a ton of inking the edges to give it that spooky look. 

I have something to tell you all! Guess who finally learned how to make a rossette with my Martha Stewart scoring board? If you guessed Kiki you're wrong, I did! I know, I know... some of you very talented ladies may think big whoop, but I am thrilled and will be making them like crazy! Who knows, maybe I'll wallpaper my "No Boys Allowed" room with them! Ha ha, how funny would that be!

I am determind to get to the apple orchard this weekend to get my favorite apples, Honeycrisps! Yum! They are amazing, and even more so when my husband makes one of his fantastic apple pies. I hope you all have a fun weekend, thanks for stopping in!

{Hugs}
Susan

*As always, if you are new here I would love to have you as a follower and I'd be more than happy to give you a new follower also! Please leave your blog address!

12 comments:

RiNNE said...

Cool creation! Loving the layers!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The Captain Jack Sparrow fan in me likes the Skull & Crossbones card. Please share how you made the rosette using MS scoring board. I have a Tim Holtz rosette die cut but would like to know how to make them using the MS scoreboard as well.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Great Halloweeen card- I love the funny google eyes in the skull- clever! I know what you mean- I've never been into Halloween but this year I have had so much fun making cards!! :)Amy

Bobby said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. I love your skull card. And the title of your blog. I am now a follower.

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, I love your card!!! How cute, and I love the layer effect!!!

Thanks for your prayers, my friend; I'm really getting terrible with mixing up my days...lol!!! Seem to always be off a day... Sounds like your shoulder is doing better -- God, I hope so. I hope you're feeling a lot better!!! I'm still praying for you too!

Eva Laney said...

oh my gosh, fabulous job on this card!!! I love it!!! Spooky cool!!!
Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my, what a GREAT card Susan! Spooky....
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a spooky card!! No really! It's spooky!! Scared me.
Glad about the rosettes, that will be fun!! I don't know how to make them still. BTW I love apple pie, hint, hint:) Hugs, Pam at
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Love the skull! I'm not much into Halloween cards, either, but I do agree they're fun to make!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Pendra said...

Hey Susan, your card is spooktastic! I really loved that stamp you used and might have to find that! Please tell Kiki and Shadow I got my package today and just love that Embossing Folder / Stamp Set, I have never seen anything like that before... I just love it! Hope to get to try it out soon and will let you know! I also loved the handmade card... was that one of the handmade rosettes from the scoreboard? If it is, it was gorgeous!! I just bought the scoreboard but haven't even gotten it out of the bag yet. You will have to do a tutorial... it sounds like I am not the only one who would like this! Thanks again sweetie for the wonderful candy... I can't believe I won it!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Linda said...

Oh this is really cool!

Unknown said...

Terrific card and thanks for your fab comments on my blog. Well done on learning how to make rosettes on the scoreboard too - it always makes me laugh on the TV programmes when you see them trying to pop the rosettes flat :)

Post a Comment