Do I have something really cool to share with you all! I found these really fun magnetic memo boards by a company called Embellish Your Story by Roeda. Have any of you seen these yet? These fun boards can be purchased online or select gift stores. I found the one in the picture below at a little gift shop in Red Wing Minnesota, but they also have a website,
http://www.demdaco.com/. When I saw these boards I thought it would be a perfect birthday gift for my friend Laurie. They sold the boards as a kit that included magnetic sentiments and embellishments, but they also sell the boards alone so you can decorate it the way you want. I decided to make my own embellishments and sentiments and added a picture of one of our friends, Rachel. Is this not fabulous?
What is fun about this is that I added little magnets behind all the embellishments so the look of this can be changed. I've also seen little chains added behind them so they can be hung up on the wall. I just love this idea and I am planning on doing more of these. Perhaps some Christmas ones?
I also made this birthday card for Laurie.
This was the first tri fold card I've done. It was a challenge but it also was alot of fun. I used a little of everything to make this card. You know, I never give instruction on how to make cards I've done but to be honest, if anyone ever wanted to know what I used I would be happy to give you a play by play on how I did it. To me it's just an accomplishment to get a project done!
Well, I hate to cut it short here but I have my world famous ribs to get on the table. When I say world famous I mean in my world, lol! I'm quite the A list celebrity in my world! :)
Hope you all are doing well and having a lot of laughs!
Susan
7 comments:
WOW, Susan, the card is so absolutely amazing and beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and the embossing is fabulous! You did such a wonderful job for your first tri-fold card. What an amazing card this would be to receive :) I also love those fun magnetic memo boards! I've not seen them before but I am going to check out their website. It is a perfect gift idea and I LOVE how you decorated it! So AWESOME!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend my friend :)
Wow... the magnetic board is so cool, love it! I think that would be perfect for my "tween" grandaughter she is always changing her cute-sie items on her wall and this would be a really cute way for her to display her art work in particular! TFS! And your 1st tri-card... gorgeous! Great job! Hope you had fun with your crafting sisters and look forward to hearing back on blogs you wanted to refer me to! Talk soon.
Hadn't seen those magnetic boards, but will now be on the lookout for them.
Love-love your card and memo board!!! Great job you did!
Hi Susan - You DEFINITELY need to enter this gorgeous memo board at the GAB challenge! It is so creative and unique and fabulous! I'm sorry we didn't win at C&L, too. Ah well, easy come, easy go :P I hope you had a great weekend :D
Lisa
Susan.. First.. WOW on both of your adorable projects!! I LOVE the magnetic board. I must get one of these and make a few. What a brilliant idea. Your tri-fold card came out BEAUTIFUL!! I mean, for your 1st try.. amazingly gorgeous. Your friend is going to be stunned at your kindess and your amazing creativity!! So adorable both of them!! I am SO SO SO proud you Susan!! Seriously! WOW!!
I really stopped by to thank you so much for your very kind and sweet words about my friends. I am SO very sorry that you are going through this with your friends daughter. That is SO hard. 17 years old is SO young to go through this. I can relate because when I was 16 years old I had a really huge cyst on my left ovary. The doctor had to drain in in his office and I was scared to death. No numbing medication and he pulled out a TON of fluid. Thank goodness it was not cancerous. Then in 1998 I had a HUGE blood hemorrhage inside my left ovary. It was as large as an egg and I had to have immediate surgery to drain it and it was just awful. I was really scared because my doctor was not sure what was inside of my ovary. So I understand how afraid and scared your friends daughter must feel. But to have your ovary removed is another thing. Alot of women can still have babies with only 1 ovary so lets hope that will be the case if she wants kids when she gets older. I just pray that it is not cancer. That would be just very terrible!!! Cancer has touched my life in so many ways..as you know my dad passed away from cancer at the age of 49. I am really so sorry for you and for your friend and her daughter. I am ALWAYS here if you ever need to talk. It is just sad to see such caring, loving, and just amazing people go through really hard times like this. You and your friends will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am always here if you need anything. Thanks for being such a sweet friend to me. It just really stuns me because I never expected to find so many amazing women and become friends with them when I started my blog but I am so grateful that I started Two Pink Peas. Friendships mean more to me then anything and I feel really blessed to know you. Thank you for always being there for me. Please remember that I am always there for you too!! Many hugs, Terri of Two Pink Peas
www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com
Terrico3 at ameritech dot net if you ever want or need to email me!! Anytime!!
Oh I have my world too. It is so much fun to have your own world.
I love your projects.
The message board and card are both very pretty. Your friend will love to receive them. I am your newest follower. I would love to get a visit from you too. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment