Monday, July 11, 2011

It's 7-11!

Now you all might think big deal, 7-11, ha ha I get it, the store and the date match. Well I'm glad you have them because did you know Minnesota doesn't have any 7-11 stores? No big gulp slurpee for me today or any day for that matter! And I miss them! For goodness sake, I hear they have 7-11 stores in Thailand but not one in Minnesota! But it isn't just 7-11 stores we don't have here in the land of frozen tundra, we don't have Dunkin Donuts either. ( My favorite coffee ever....) And if you are looking for a Krispy Kreme donut, forget it. Yep, they closed those all down here about three years ago and it still hurts as if it were just yesterday. But I'm not here to snivel, ( I love that word), but next time you drive by a 7-11, Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme please appreciate just how fortunate you are!

On to a more upbeat note, as you may know a few weeks ago I won a challange with my Fun Sun card at FCCB.  Look <----- my winning blinky on the left! Well on Saturday my winning prize arrived and I thought I'd show you the goodies.


This beautiful June kit came from Leanne at Artful Delight, http://www.artfuldelight.blogspot.com/. I can't wait to start crafting with these beautiful papers and embellishments! Thank you Leanne!

I also want to send out a thank you Lisa at indymermaid.blogspot.com, for the nomination and awards she sent my way! You are awesome Lisa!

I have so many projects to do I don't know where to start. I guess getting my behind off my laptop and into my craftroom would be a big step huh?  I hope you all had a great Monday!

Be good!
Susan

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! What a fun prize.
Are you sure you don't have flying squurrels? I am way up north in WI. They do come out at night. Thanks for the kind words on my blog.

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your box of prize-winning goodies! It looks so awesome! I can't wait to see what you create! I am reading your post while I sip a Dunkin Donuts coffee and nibble on a Krispy Kreme. Oh, just kidding :D I hate coffee and though I love Krispy Kreme creme filled donuts (possibly my most favorite food on earth) sadly I don't have one. They do sell them in our grocery stores as well as the shops. You can have some of our 7-11's...they seem to be on every other street corner here!

Okay, Susan, you are supposed to make me laugh, not cry! That was the sweetest comment you left at Scrapping with Chriss and Lou! Thank you so much for your kind words my friend - I am so thankful I met you :D

Lisa

Kim said...

I all ways love to come here to get a laugh! You are such a fun blogger to follow and read all you funny stories!
Congrats on your box of goodies!! Looks like lots of fun creations to be had!
Oh and thanks for stopping by earlier! I think I will have to wait and see what the little man calls me when he starts talking! I call myself all your suggestions and more!! I really don't know what I want to be called maybe Gammie:) Time will surely tell!
Keep us smiling:)
~Kim

Audrey Frelx said...

Congratulations, and WOW!!! What fun and fabulous candy! Can't wait to see what you create using it!!!

Hugs, my friend!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Congratulations and enjoy your fabulous goodies! Can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for your warm congratulations on my DT announcement! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Congratulations. This looks like a lot of fun.

Post a Comment