Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Flashback: My first post

Hello blog buds! Am I busy this week! This Saturday is our anniversary so I have a card to make. This Saturday is also a friends birthday, so I have a card to make. This Saturday is also a shower for my friend Lu, which I am helping to host, so I have a card to make. And a banner. And a sign. And party decorations. All I can say is thank God I have a Cricut! I'll be posting these projects as I go but for now I thought I would use this chance to repost my very first post on my blog. This was also the first card I ever entered into a challenge, at FCCB, and actually won top 5 designer with this card! I was hooked after that. Here's my card along with my very first post. Thanks for stopping by and I will catch up with you all later!







Dress Card

Hello all! My name is Susan and I've have been creating cards/scrapping for a liitle over a year now. My friend Laurie, aka Teacher, had introduced me to this wonderful world of papercrafts and as a result I have become her "Grasshopper".  I am also a bonafide member of the Paper Dolls scrapping group, a group of five creative and crazy gals that meet up once a month. I am very new at this blog stuff but my New Years resolution was to get with the program and figure the blog world out. It's easier than trying to lose weight, right? Okay, on to my very first published card.

I have been reading this great blog called Fantabulous Cricut, which Laurie had again introduced me to. Well, they have a wonderful challenge every Monday and I have been wanting to enter it for a while. This time I'm doing it. Below is the card I created using the "Summer in Paris" cartridge. I started by cutting out 2 images of the french maid to fit the 12x12 white cardstock paper. I then lopped off the poor gals head, arms and legs leaving just the dress on two cut images. I then took a piece of pink scrap paper and outlined just the bottom part of the dress, which creates the skirt, and attached it to one of the white images. I then stamped the other image "Just Fabulous" which is the inside of the card. Using a very small brad I connected the two images together at the middle of the waist. I then created the belt which is actually there to hide the brad. By using two pop dots on the back of the belt it raises the belt high enough that the brad doesn't show and the card can move without the belt having to move. Then of course my favorite part... bling it out with gems, gel pens, Stickles and feathers!

18 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful to remember with a first card reposting. I do not have the Paris Cricut cartridge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

SUSAN, what an amazing job for your first card! And even in the beginning, you were making people laugh! You are so awesome! We started our blogs close to the same time...I was about a week later. (Had I waited one more day, it would have been Pi Day - 3/14) And then just a few shorts weeks after that, we became friends (4/4/11)! Yes, loser me went back and checked your posts! I might add that it was I that initiated the friendship...okay, technically, it was Momo that introduced us through one of her link-up parties, but I'm taking full credit :P

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY a little early my super-busy friend! I can't wait to see all of your projects :D

Have a wonderful rest of the W-E-E-K (there, made sure I spelled it right ;)

Lisa

Kim said...

Susan, What an Amazing card!! I just love how you made your card with the swivel, very Clever!! I'm so glad you posted it again! This way I got to see it:)
~Kim

Audrey Frelx said...

My sweet Susan, you are amazing!!! This card is amazing!!! I just absolutely adore it!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting -- love to see you when I sign on!!!

Have a great day, sweeetie!!!

Pendra said...

Hello my friend... I say you are gonna be VERY busy this week! Happy Anniversary! Your card is lovely... so creative! Thanks for the list of all the great sites, I am embarrased it took me this long to thank you!!! I also wanted to thank you for the heads up on my win at lovetocrop... I missed it! Thanks for having my back! Cannot wait for my Cricut to arrive... have to start collecting cartridges now and thanks for the offer to help mentor me, you are just sooooo sweet! I am so happy I met you and call you my friend!
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

My super-busy friend, when you get a chance, stop by my blog...I have many awards for you :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amy said...

This is so cute! How fun to look back at your first post/card! I love your blog, and I'm a new follower! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Susan! I just saw your suggestions for the card I made using the spiral die. Thank you for the ideas, I love the thought of using the die for all your suggestions!!!

Have a happy day, my friend!

Unknown said...

Hi Susan, this is a very clever and cute card. You just always do such cute things. It's fun to go back in time huh! You were and are so gifted my friend:)) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Me again, What do you think of Big Brother this year??? Let me know, I would love your thoughts. I'm an addict too. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Angie S said...

Hi Susan, I became a follower today. I clicked over from Lisa @ A Mermaid's Craft. You do beautiful work for someone who is challenged by arthritis. I should know, I have it also. I love the card & happy anniversary. I look forward to being inspired by your work & these projects you have going this weekend. Good luck this weekend & take time for you also. :)

Susan said...

Hi Angie!

Welcome and thank you very much for following! Do you have a blog? I would love to stop in sometime!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's so weird that you know someone you call Lu. That's great. Does this Lu have a blog too? I would love to introduce my self to her. I joined your blog too. I love your recap of your first blog. It reminds me of a poodle skirt my mom made me years ago for Halloween - and I mean MANY years ago! I'm also very new to blogging and so far I'm enjoying it and meeting new people. Take care!
Lulu

www.lillulu13.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

*Sniff* Thank you for warning me before I read your post, Susan! I knew to grab the Kleenex. Actually, when I see your name pop up, I grab them anyway because usually you are making me cry with laughter - you are not supposed to make me cry with, well REAL TEARS, darn it! At least you warned me this time and no cardstock was ruined (only seven trees that produced the Kleenex I blew threw! ;) I can't tell you how glad I am that you didn't give up on blogging. There are some people that you connect with even though you've never met, and you are one of those people for me. I had a really good friend named Tiffany a few years ago and we were like twins, we looked alike, laughed alike and had the same sense of humor. I moved for a job and eventually we lost touch, life got in the way. I feel like if you and I ever met in person, it would be the same thing. I know we have the same sense of humor because you always make me laugh (when you aren't making me cry, gosh darn it!) So thank you for being such a great blog buddy and for your friendship! I am so thankful for you :D

Lisa

Amy said...

This card is so cool! I love it. Thanks for reposting as I never saw the original one. :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, Susan, you are go ing to be busy!!!
I'm such a slacker!!! Haven't posted to my blog since July 15...
I'm sure your creations are going to be awesome, like all of your are!! Can't wait to see them!!
Love the dress!! See you soon!!

Unknown said...

Susan here is my thoughts on Big Brother.
Glad to see Dick,& Keith gone. I think Cassie & Dominic got really raw deals.
Adam- is a dork, and a floater
Lawon- is an even bigger dork and floater
Kalia- is street smart, I think honest, and will start playing hard
Porsche- I don't like her, she is a player big time
Shelly- She is a cool cookie, her job is to manipulate, and she is really good at it, she may win this
Brendon and Rachel- I can not stand either one of them, they blame everyone else for doing exactly the same things they do, but it's poor them, and all others are bad cuz they want them gone, while they are doing everything in their power to get rid of everyone else. They whine, complain, and whine some more, yuk!!
Jeff and Jordan- I adore, always have. Although I was shocked when they paired up with the evil couple
Dani- A smart player, but can be very cut throat, but I think she can be a good person

I watch 3 hours every night on showtime and I check this web site in the day, you should too. They are really great. I'll put the address on here for you. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
here's that other site http://bbdish.blogspot.com/ check it out, you'll like it

Trail of Treasures said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!! I don't have the Summer in Paris cartridge, but after seeing this, I'm thinking must have cart? Yes, definitely!! You deserve top 5 designers with this beauty!

hugs,
Tracey
www.trailoftreasures.com

Post a Comment