A few years ago, when I started my addiction to papercrafting, one of the first layouts I did was one dedicated to our beloved boat, the Pug. Now some people may think Pug is a weird name for a boat but once I let you in on the secret you will get a kick out of it. If you follow my blog you are well aware of my sense of humor and here is yet another example of how warped it can be. Our boat is a 24 ft. Cuddy Cruiser that is 20 years old that we purchased for a very good price four years ago. As any boat owner knows it is bad luck for a boat to not have a name so we had to come up with one. Of course the first name my husband came up with was the Susan Marie. I shot that down right away. Over the following days we went through so many names but not one that actually seemed right. Then one day we were at the Marina, where the boat is kept ,and after going through yet another list of names it hit me! As I sat there looking at so many huge boats at the Marina I thought it would be funny to name the boat Pug MaHone! You see Pug Mahone is actually how you pronounce an Irish (Gaelic) phrase Pog Mo Thoin which translates to 'Kiss my arse". Yep, that is what we named our boat! With a majority of people in Minnesota being of Scandinavian decent most people don't know what that means, but for those that do know, omg, the laughs are non stop! Here's my layout that I decided to enter at the Sunday challenge over at K. Andrews blog
http://www.gettingcricky.com/
Oh the fun we have had on the Pug! A few years ago my husband and I, along with my little dog (as the witch in The Wizard of Oz would say) went on a 6 day trip down the Mighty Mississippi river. I would love to go from St. Paul all the way to New Orleans. Maybe someday when we get Pug Mahone the houseboat! I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend and still have all your fingers attached!
Be good!
Susan
18 comments:
HA! Susan! I love it! That is sooo funny! The Pug Mahone is just adorable and I love your layout! I hope you had a great holiday weekend :D
Lisa
I love this layout, what a great job you did on the challenge. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com
HA! I love it--you go girl! heeheheh!
super cute and just love the story!
Thanks for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.
Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew
www.kandrewdesigns.com
Love the story! How much fun to travel so far in your boat! I love how your page turned out too:)
~Kim
Love your layout and LOVE the story behind the name!! :) We've sooooo been there with the boat naming!! LOL... I hope you do get to take your trip to New Orleans someday!! We used to spend MONTHS sailing... Still some of my fondest memories (yep, I was a teenager on a boat with my parents... what normal teenager would want that life??? Just ME!!)...
Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!! :)
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM
That is a great name! What a fun layout.
Thanks for playing along with us this week
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
haha cute name!! Nice layout!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge
kathy
GCDTM
http://scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com
I think you have the same sense of humor as my husband. Great layout!
Susan, I love your layouts, and the story of Pug. My ex and I had a a boat similiar to that. It was also about 20 years old when we got it. We put it in the water, and the next day, it had sunk!!! There was a hole somewhere in the back, and the water slowly seeped in. Once it was drained and dried out, it was a very fun boat. So many stories, so little time!!! ha ha
Way to funny. You sound like my kind of comedian. LOL
Precious Hugs
So funny!! I've always wanted a boat but my husband has told me repeatedly to kiss his a** when I bring it up. Thank you for the story- He's going to wonder why I call him Pug Mahone all of a sudden now!
Thanks for playing along with Getting Cricky this week!
JulieK- GCDT
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
Bwahahahaha, I love your LO and the story makes it all that much better! TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky this week :)
~Hugs~
Becky - Getting Cricky DT
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for the award! I am sorry that I have not had time to leave comments, (I feel so bad about this) I have been so busy I have not even had time to craft :o( I will be back to commenting really soon.
This is a great layout. I love the name hahaha
Thanks for playing along on Simply Sundays at Getting Cricky.
Hugs
Brenda DTM
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com
Hi Susan.. I wanted to stop by and let you know that I have a blog award for you on my blog at www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com. Hop on over when you get a chance to pick it up. Thanks so much!! Terri of Two Pink Peas
Cute LO
Love the story behind this! I love the name :) Nice job!
Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
Getting Cricky DTM
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing the fun background on this fun and lovely LO! ~ Blessings
http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment