Thursday, August 11, 2011

September Calendar done!

Before I start I want to remind everyone my $15 Archiver's gift card contest ends in 4 days! For details check out my post from Monday.  Now on to my September calendar..........................................

A few months ago I did a contest and asked for ideas that I could use in creating the month of September in my calendar. There were many great ideas but the winner, picked by my assistant Kiki, was Cindy at http://www.cindysantics.blogspot.com/. Cindy thought I should do fashion so fashion it is! Believe me when I tell you, I really had a tough time with this one. I had so many ideas come and go and I couldn't just pick one and do it! I started a few times and threw out what I had started because I just didn't like it. Then I decided to pick two colors and just go with it. I picked the dark grey and pink and just let it flow from there. So Cindy, I dedicate the month of September to you!



Step out of the Shadow!







Well, there you have it! My husband has already requested that for October I do Rocktober so I told him I would but he has to buy the supplies for it! LOL! I need a new Cricut and new cartridges and new Copic markers and new, well you get the point!

I'm going to enter this into the Inspire me Fridays link up party over at http://www.joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/. You should stop over, say hi to Maria and link up your projects too!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget...4 more days! Kiki can hardly wait to do her job!

Have a great night/day/weekend! ;)
Susan

8 comments:

Unknown said...

First your calender is great, I love it:) The colors are wonderful together. You made good choices.
Now!!!! Brendon and Rachel together again!!! I am nuts!! I really do not like these two at all. Shelly is on my bad list too now. I just now watched the contest with Jerkdom and Lawon and in my opinion they cheated, with her telling him what to get. I may not be seeing this right I just can not stomach these two people. They are so dishonest and they have such a warped idea of fair. Thank goodness it's a TV show and not my neighbor or family member:)) Got to go and clean up I just painted a door, and I have white paint all over me. Hugs, Pam

Patti J said...

Hi Susan! Your DH sounds like a keeper! I think maybe you could find a calendar in the mall much cheaper than the supplies to make one! My DH is my #1 fan, and is so sweet. Thanks for stopping over at my blog - I'm now a new follower here. Hope we get to 'chat' often :) I would love to get to the Minnesota Archiver's sometime - what a dream store! We have two Archiver's within 2 hours, so I get there as often as I can. It's my favorite place to drool...lol! Have a great day!

Lisa said...

This is just fabulous, Susan! Wow, you did such an awesome job on September, even if you (or should I say Kiki) didn't pick my suggestion :P ((just kiddin!)) LOVE this! The embossed background is so cool and I love the silhouettes, especially the zebra print! And Ha- Rocktober!! I love that! Your hubby is as clever and funny as you are :) There was something I was going to drop by to tell you and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. So if I remember, (in my best Arnold impression) I'll be baacckk :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Susan, your "tough time" doing this sure did yield an awesome result!!! Love your September calendar!!! Guess that really was a great suggestion!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the calendar:)

Linda said...

Susan you are a hoot! Menards is having a great sale on Circuts this weekend. You get store credit but the price is still very good. Hubby might really like that. LOL
Thank you so much for the great story and giggle from your comment on blog today. Love the story about your sweet kitty. You made my day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, thanks for stopping over at my blog!! I thank you for mentioning me on your blog...
I love the calendar!! Love the gray and pink together!! Sorry you were frustrated with it, but it turned out awesome!! That is wonderful that your DH is going to buy you lots of new stuff!! Of course, you deserve it!! Kiki did a great job before!!! I hope to post a new card in a couple of days. I'm working 14.5 hours today!! Only 1/2 hour to go!!! But then I have to come back at 0700...

Lisa said...

Susan - Did you know your awesome, creative, beautiful calendar was featured at Inspire Me Fridays??!! I was so excited when I saw your name! Head over there and grab your featured button!! Yay!! :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Post a Comment