Monday, April 18, 2011

Rock On!

My oldest son Richie will be 23 years old next Tuesday. I made this card for him as he loves rock music. When I say rock music I mean the classic stuff, not the head thrashing, screamming music some call rock now-a-days. Wait, that must be what they said about Elvis and the Beetles back in the day! LOL! Well, even if he did listen to that i would love him anyway. Richie is a snowboard instructor at Northstar Resort in Lake Tahoe, CA. and I am very proud of him. What I like best about this card is how I used gold cardstock, embossed it with the zigzag cuddlebug folder and scratched it up to give it a more metal look. The guitar was cut from the Wall Decor cartridge.


My hubby, 16 year old son and I also did a Peeps project for fun. My intentions were to enter it into a contest but I don't know. We had a blast doing it which is good enough for me. Here's a few photos from that:


It was a spoof of a Live Aid concert. If you can't tell who is who I'll break it down. Kiss (Piss), Sir Pelton John (Elton John), Pob Dylan (Bob), Pick Jagger (Mick), and Pina Turner (Tina). If any of you remember Mick and Tina doing a duet at Live Aid back in the 80's, that's what we were shooting for. We can be crazy in our home but we have fun!

Have a great day!
Susan

13 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I forgot to mention Pevie Wonder, next to Pelton John at the piano!

Kim said...

To Cute!! How fun for a family project!
~Kim

Amanda said...

I am loving your rocking card and PEEPS!!! I wanted to let you know that you are the Joy’s Life’s Cricut Vinylology DVD winner from my "Hanging with my Peeps" blog hop.. If you could email me your address I will get your prize sent to you.. Here is my email: amandascraftsandmore(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amanda:0)

Sandy O said...

What a wonderful masculine card. I thought the stitching was real until I read your post.

The peeps are so fun. I never thought to decorate them. The one with the glasses is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I LOVE your peep concert--how cute is that? Your card for your son is perfect too--love the wild animal print--really screams rock and roll!
My boys will be there in a few years...right now it's robots and bugs! lol!

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew of Getting Cricky!

diana creations said...

thoses peeps are so cute you did a great job

Lisa said...

OMG - I am LOVING the Peeps!! They are awesome...I can't stop smiling! I just love Piss (hum, maybe I should rephrase that), your Kiss Peeps ;)

Unknown said...

How fabulous! So creative and the results are amazing :)

Maria Matter said...

ack! too fun!!!
I love this! lol

Unknown said...

OH MY! This is awesome! How fun!!!!
Not sure if I could give up my peeps for this though! I live for Easter and Peeps, LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! This is hilarious!! And, so creative!! I've been feeling crappy all day, you've brought a smile to my face!!!

keshapooh said...

OMG.......this is too cute I'm lol. Thanks for sharing.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Hehe...I love the card and that embossing really pops but that Peep project is crazy cute! It really made me giggle! I'm sure you all had a blast making this! I do hope you entered this into the challenge! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Post a Comment