Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bag Lady

Hello my blog buddies! It's Friday already, can I get a whoo hoo? I have had an awesome, but busy week. I went to the Goodwill store on Tuesday and after spending 20 bucks came home with enough stuff to fill a small craft room. The town I'm in has a Michael's, Joanne's, Archiver's and two Target stores. They donate unsold products to the Goodwill store, again in my town, and when you hit it on the right day it is like a crafter's dream come true! If this isn't sweet enough my order of Peachy Keen stamps arrived today. Ah yes, life is good. I didn't make any cards this week but I did get a few projects done. I made little tags for pots I have so I could tell what I have growing, which is Cilantro, Basil, Chives, Forget Me Nots, Daisies and Sunflowers. I am hoping to get my Heirloom tomatoes going next week. I also did this gift bag. I picked up this bag at the GW store and switched out the orange ribbon it had on it to a prettier pink one. I then used my Forever Young cartridge for the emblem and added some pearls. On the back of the bag is a beautiful sentiment by Babraham Lincoln (that's the way we pronounce it in my house thanks to Wayne World). I'm thinking of entering it in a challenge but mostly I did it for fun.


And here's the back.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!! Thats a beautiful bag!!! How lucky you were at the GW store!!! I don't recall our GW getting things like craft supplies, but I suppose I haven't been there for a long time. Can't wait to see what else you make!!

Lisa said...

Susan - this bag is so absolutely beautiful! I love the touches you added and the quote is so pretty. I want to visit your Goodwill. We have two here and rarely do they have good crafting items. I'd love to see the tags you made for your pots...that's a great idea I may have to steal ;) Have a great weekend!!

TerryM said...

Wow absolutely adorable. I would have never thought of that idea. (by the way I love the sentiment "Let's scrap, chat and have a laugh"!)

Kim said...

Sounds like you got some awesome deals!!
Love how you changed up the gift bag!
~Kim

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh how lucky to have such a wonderful Goodwill!! Love the zebra strips with the pink!

Maria Matter said...

Ooo, I love goodwill shopping, so many bargains!! glad you had fun shopping!
This bag is super cute! love the hot pink with zebra stripes and the sentiment by Baraham is beautiful! :)
enjoy your tuesday!
hugs & blessings!

Sandy O said...

What a wonderful bag. Love the medallion and pearls. The pink looks so pretty.

keshapooh said...

What an amazing find. What you did to this back is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. The pink ribbon is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

That is super cool that they donate; I've heard that most just throw the unsold away. That is sad to me. I'm glad yours donates!
I love this hanging project--the colors and sillouhette is just beautiful!

Trish and Treasure said...

Lucky you it's great when you're in the right place at the right time! Cute bag and great sentiment! I loved Wayne's World too especially the music!

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, your bag is fabulous!

Post a Comment