Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Theme card

Ah Spring, I love it! When I saw the Monday Challenge at FCCB was to create a Spring themed project I was more than happy to oblige. This winter has been very long and I am at the end of my rope waiting for it to end.  I used the Cricut Lite Lacy Labels cartridge for the layered design on the front. I also used Swiss Dots to emboss the pink layer. I then used a Close to my Heart butterfly stamp to give the butterfly design from the cartridge a little more depth. The flowers are also Close to my Heart which I colored and added little pink pearls in the center. For the inside I used the left over piece of black paper when I cut the design. I left it blank so I can fill it in for an appropriate occasion, like for someone feeling down because winter won't leave us alone! Hmm.... maybe I should give the card to myself. lol................


13 comments:

Larelyn said...

Your card is beautiful. All the intricate details make it so special. Thanks for shartin at FCCB.

katieo said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I have not made something for a blog hop. But I love to follow them. There are always great ideas and it is a good way to find out about new products. Each stop usually gives you a chance to win. In February I won two cartridges and 2 sets of stamps, March hasn't been so lucky. On saturday I hopped on the Autism blog hop. There were so many inspiring stories, and great projects. I hope I answered your question

Lisa Norris said...

Oooo! I love how you decorated the inside! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! those are beautiful colors together!! I used to live in Illinois, therefore Bears fan. I watched them play the Superbowl in the 80's... ha ha.. Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!! Come back again. I am becoming a follower of you too!

Dana said...

I like how you decorated the card, inside and out. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Maquel said...

Oh, so pretty!! Love the paper you used! Happy Spring and thanks for joining us at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Your attention to details is outstanding.

BugBites said...

How fun- I like how you finished the inside as well. TFS with us at FCCB.

Lisa said...

This card is just beautiful! I love all the details. I'm a new follower...Momo sent me! I'd love for you to stop by my blog as well (and you can enter to win a Cricut cartridge :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Hey, you should come by my blog....www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Sandy o said...

Wow, this is stunning! love the swirl frame and butterfly!

Tamara said...

How nice! The detail in this card is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at FCCB!

Tamara
http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

This card is so lovely!

Post a Comment