Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun Sun Card

Back in February my friend Laurie was selling some Close To My Heart stamps she was no longer using. There was a set in there called Treasures that had a beautiful sentiment, "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves". I have wanted to use this stamp set since I bought it but didn't have a project to use it on until now. Over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog the Challenge Me Monday project is to use the summer sun. I put together this cute little card using not only the beautiful sentiment from the CTMH stamp set but also used my Cricut to cut the following images:

Sun: Designer's Calendar
Pot and stem: Wall Decor
Flower: George and Basic Shapes

I also used Peachy Keen stamps for the cute little faces and embossed with a Tim Holtz folder. (Which I decided to purchase after I saw the how cool it looked when my friend Lisa at indymermaid.blogspot.com used one).


After I embossed the background I decided to use the Tattered Angle spray in Denim for a deeper blue, it was messy to use but it came out kind of cool. I haven't entered a project into a challenge for a while now so wish me luck, I need it! lol!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope the sun is out by you because it hasn't been out here in Minnesota for a while now. Kind of like the song says, "So I just did me some talking to the sun, and I said I didn't like the way he got things done, sleeping on the job, those raindrops keep falling on my head they keep falling"..... if the song is stuck in your head now there is really no need to thank me! ;)

Be good!
Susan

12 comments:

Kim said...

Good Luck Susan!! Your card is really cool I love the stamped sentiment and the embossing is really cool:)
~Kim

Anonymous said...

I love your card. So cute! You did a great job with the challenge... thanks for joining in the fun with us at FCCB!

Lisa said...

WOW, Susan, this card is so gorgeous, I don't know what to comment on first!! I love how you curled the sentiment tag around the flower to match up perfectly with the sun - that is true talent (it's like the sun's rays are warming the flower, encouraging it to grow)!! The sun is so adorable it makes me smile! I love the embossed background (Tim Holtz rules!) The crooked smile on the flower is so cute! You rocked this challenge, my friend! Oh, I almost forgot, I love the Tattered Angel spray, too...it gives the card a beautiful shimmer! To sum up a long comment - I LOVE THIS :D

Lisa

Kate said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the details you've put into it. What a fabulous sentiment! I love the way you've used it, too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Terri said...

Hi Susan.. this is Terri of Two Pink Peas. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that your brought tears to my eyes while reading your comment that you just left on my blog today. Of course you can send something along with your beautiful card for Salifu!! What a generous heart you have. I am blown away at everyone's generousity and giving hearts for Salifu!! He is going to just be SO excited to receive all of these amazing cards from all of these amazingly caring women!! Thank you SO much for doing this for him. As you can tell he means so much to me and my family. I would LOVE to see a picture of the card that you are going to send to him. Please leave me a comment and I would LOVE to put it on my blog along with all of the other cards being sent to him. Big giant hugs to you!! Terri of Two Pink Peas
www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Susan...this card is so beautiful!! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you win!! It is simply gorgeous. You are very talented my friend. Thank you for leaving such a cute comment on my blog today. That is SO funny that we have so much in common. I have the same amount of Ugg boots as you!! Weird, huh? I think so! I love them so much. Alot of people hate Ugg boots but they are so comfortable and plus my pants are always 100% of the time to long for me so I tuck them into my boots and voila..no more problem!! LOL. You are such a sweetheart and I am SO glad that I got to know you and am getting to know you better as days go on. Thank you SO much for making a card for Salifu. He is going to go bananas when he gets so many cards and mail. I really owe you one big time for doing this for me and Salifu. That just shows what a HUGE heart you have too! I can't wait to see it and will proudly post it on my blog if that is ok with you. Many hugs and thank yous coming your way!! Terri of Two Pink Peas
www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

Love, love, love the card. Great job.

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the FCCB challenge, Susan!! Woo-hoo!! SO deserved :D

Lisa

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats on winning the sun challenge. Especially like the sentiment & the paper spiral shape that sentiment is stamped on.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbydsunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Congratulations! This is adorable.I love the way the sun is giving the plant a hug. Adorable!

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh i absolutely love your card- it is just so pretty! Love all the detail

Hugz, Deb

Terri said...

Susan.. I wanted to stop by and apologize for not posting pictures of your adorable card that you made for Salifu. I very rarely check my twopinkpeas email address but I posted it on my blog just now. He is going to LOVE it. You did such an amazing job on it. Thank you so much for doing that. I LOVE thr robot theme. I wonder if he knows what robots are..lol. I am sure he does but he is such a little village. No matter what he is going to go nuts over it. I really love what you did with it. Once again, I am so sorry for not posting it sooner. I hope I did not hurt your feelings. Thank you so much again for doing this out of the kindness of your heart. Terri of Two Pink Peas www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com

Post a Comment