Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bookmarks for buddies

A few months back I was given a challenge by my friend Lu to use a certain paper to do a project with. It could be anything and after much thought I decided it would be fun to make each one of my scrap sisters a bookmarker. I used the paper for the back of the bookmark but the front of it was more personal. You see, we have nicknames for each other, Lulu is Laurie, Rae is Rachel and Lola is Sarah. (I am Sisi, pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name, whoo hoo, whoo hoo... sorry The Rolling Stones just popped in my head). Ok, back on track...I thought it would be nice to use their favorite color on the front along with their nickname but what I had the most fun with is using these cute little stamps I picked up at a garage sale back in May. I stamped and colored each one to not only look like my friends but also what they do. For example, Lola is our shopper, Rae likes to talk on the phone and Lulu is a legal assistant. These stamps fit each one perfect!



I used my Storybook cartridge to cut the names and the flourish was made from a punch I have and I used the same paper from the back to kind of "bring it around". I added little dots of Stickles to give it a little sparkle, then had them laminated before I punched the whole and put the cord on. Oh, I also added the little flower on top just because I thought it was cute. The laminated part didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked, but I can be a perfectionist at times. They still turned out cute. Here's the back where you will see the paper used in the challenge.



As you see I brought the color of the front around and added a little embossed circle. You will see four little gems on the circle, which I added after they were laminated, and what these little gems represent is us! Green for Lulu, blue for Lola, light pink for Rae and dark pink for me! Isn't that fun?

I just finished these up last Saturday then on Monday I was visiting some favorite blogs I follow when I noticed Linda at http://www.cardsbylinda.blogspot.com/ had posted about a fun challenge at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays. http://ssdschallenge.blogspot.com/.  The challenge? Make a bookmark! So I'm going to enter these! The prize is that you win 7 digi stamps of your choice from Bug A Boo and I have been wanting to try digi stamps for a while now and the Bug A Boo stamps look like they are right up my alley! Oh my, this is a long post! If you are still reading this, thank you! If you are sleeping I am so sorry! lol! Ok, I'm out but thanks for stopping by! Keep your fingers crossed for me! Have a wonderful day!

Susan ;)

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, these bookmarks are so absolutely AWESOME, Susan! The thought and detail you put into each one is just fabulous!! They are each unique but similar (does that even make sense?!) What a great project - you did such an amazing job!! GOOD LUCK with the challenge :D

Lisa

Unknown said...

These are so cute, great for any reader, or a school gift too! Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. Please return and pick up an award I would love to share with you as a new friend. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

The Mama Monkey said...

These are just darling! We are so glad to played along with us at SSDS this week!

Pendra said...

Great job... these are wonderful! My fingers are crossed for you... my eyes too (but not for you)!

tt.scraps said...

Great job...those are all super cute!
Thanks for joining us on SSDS!
Tammy

Linda said...

Susan great markers! So glad you join in on the challenge this week. They look great!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful bookmarks. You did a great job creating & embellishing them.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Cely said...

Thank you for following my blog and commenting on our Christmas in July hop! I'm now your newest follower!

Don't forget to check back in everyday this weekend for more projects and blog candy! And since you helped bring me to 100 followers, I'll be posting my blog candy for that after the hop on Monday!

:D

scrapperbecka said...

WOW! These bookmarks are awesome! Greatjob on them. Thanks for coming by my blog this weekend and I am your newest follower.
Becka

Audrey Frelx said...

Susan, these are toooo adorable!

Post a Comment